spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsmiddleton4

join:2003-11-13
Glendale, AZ

[AZ] Cisco DPC3010 Firmware upated question....

Some months ago there were some posts about a firmware update for this model.

Information has died down.

Is there an update?

Cisco DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

jsmiddleton4

Glendale, AZ

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:79
Your modem appears to be current at this time.

kirkcarp

@cox.net
What is the current firmware version for the DPC3010?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to CoxTech1
said by CoxTech1:

Your modem appears to be current at this time.

No love for arizona?
im still may 16 2011
--
Despises any post with strings.

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA
Your appears to be current as well, Cisco doesn't put out updates as frequently as Motorola.

new_cox_user

@cox.net
Interesting, I just started Cox HSI service (Preferred) in Orange County, California.

I bought a refurbished Cisco DPC3010 from ebay, and it came with the (May 16, 2011) firmware.

The first night after my Cox HSI service was activated, the modem-firmware was updated to (July 16, 2012.)

jsmiddleton4

Glendale, AZ
Well what's up with that then?

david279

join:2011-03-09
New Orleans, LA
Mine seems to be out of date as well. Firmware date says 2009? Can i get a update...

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA
Update sent.

david279

join:2011-03-09
New Orleans, LA
thanks!!!

mattybaby

join:2003-05-14
Phoenix, AZ
reply to jsmiddleton4
To confirm, the following firmware is the latest for a DPC3010 in AZ?

Firmware Name: dpc3010-v302r12901-110516a-COX.bin
Firmware Build Time: May 16 2011 17:09:15

jsmiddleton4

Glendale, AZ
And your point Matt?

I am aware of what the firmware installed on my modem is. And the others who have pointed out that despite there being an update for these modems they too are at the 2011 firmware.

There is a newer firmware available. Could be good reasons why it isn't being installed in AZ market. The only explanation we've gotten, there isn't one available, is obviously not the case.

So my question still stands, what's up with that?

Why no 2012 firmware for the AZ market?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
said by jsmiddleton4:

And your point Matt?

I am aware of what the firmware installed on my modem is. And the others who have pointed out that despite there being an update for these modems they too are at the 2011 firmware.

There is a newer firmware available. Could be good reasons why it isn't being installed in AZ market. The only explanation we've gotten, there isn't one available, is obviously not the case.

So my question still stands, what's up with that?

Why no 2012 firmware for the AZ market?

there might be issues between the new firmware and the CMTS gear used in arizona. to be told we're current is wrong when we aren't.
--

VentShop

join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK
Even though Cox does operate a nationwide data service updates are often pushed based on the home area NOC operating procedures and can be affected even for different hardware versions. Version one of the hardware may have had a small design flaw where version three had a different flaw from the first and a different firmware was issued to each one so as to allow the hardware to still function. The firmware for version one is not compatible with the hardware for version three. The same thing is true with motherboards and many other devices.

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
reply to jsmiddleton4
why do you want different firmware? What's wrong with what you have now?

VentShop

Oklahoma City, OK
Sometimes firmware updates will fix minor problems that can boost the speed and reduce the latency with a particular product. No modem, router, or network is perfect which is why firmware is updateable in the first place. Sometimes making a very small change in how the code is written and compiled can make drastic changes in the device. Everyone is ALWAYS striving for a more stable and faster connection and if there is an update they want it.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to nickphx
said by nickphx:

why do you want different firmware? What's wrong with what you have now?

newer isn't always better.
--

VentShop

Oklahoma City, OK
I fully agree, sometimes older firmware has more stability and the new one may have more features but those features just cause more problems. If it ain't broke don't fix it. . . but if it is broke fix it fast.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3
It would be handy if the modems had a "update now" that just sent request for newest firmware. That way the ISP had full control of what firmware, and the user could still check if the latest one for their device is loaded. I know that sounds far simpler then it probably actually is, but just a thought.

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1
reply to jsmiddleton4
I am in FL, not AZ, and I still have the same firmware also.

Firmware Build Time: May 16 2011 17:09:15