uniqs
share rss forum feed

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to chgo_man99

Re: [Rant] Do not go for vacation to Hong Kong

Also i mail order with paypal not necessarily through ebay but from Hong Kong and get good pricing. Either you expect too much, go to wrong stores or look like a sucker. You need to doa little research into buying even in the US.
Just because a store is in Hong Kong doesnt mean it is cheap or trustworthy especially for a tourist they know they will never see again.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
said by nonymous:

Also i mail order with paypal not necessarily through ebay but from Hong Kong and get good pricing. Either you expect too much, go to wrong stores or look like a sucker.

Or just perhaps Chinese mess up more with people who are white and recognize they are not from there?'

As for sales from ebay mailed from Hong Kong or so, a lot of those are cheap knock offs.

Its one thing when salesmen don't tell you about something you might wanna know but its another thing when they are friendly and lie straight to your face about the product. Also its another thing when store sales new product for 2x price other store charges and another when it sells old crap describing as "new" for 10x the price. That was not isolated incident. I came across a few like that.

Hong Kong is not shopper's paradise. Plain and simple.

P.S. The exception is big stores like Fortress or Broadway. Those may not have sales, but they sell authentic products and you can be assured they won't rip you off there.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
said by chgo_man99:

Its one thing when salesmen don't tell you about something you might wanna know but its another thing when they are friendly and lie straight to your face about the product. Also its another thing when store sales new product for 2x price other store charges and another when it sells old crap describing as "new" for 10x the price. That was not isolated incident. I came across a few like that.

That also happens here in the U.S. as well. You don't get out much do you? I guess there goes shopping for you here in U.S. huh?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
Yes they happen but you won't find them in high traffic popular centers. They are usually run in holes or anonymously through eBay etc. they are not next to Barnes or nobles or near them for sure. Plus big retail here is so more competitive that that most will go out of business if customers find out they're cheated. Not so in HK where I see a bit of communism and much worse consumer protection where sellers see themselves above customers, where what customer voices does not matter.

Bottom line it happens a lot more often in HK than in the US for sure!