Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

infotime

join:2004-09-08
Louisville, KY
reply to Damon85

Re: [E-Mail] Recent changes to outbound email server mail.insigh

You're preaching to the choir Damon! I've moved just about all of my small business customers to their own domain. The biggest hurdle is what they're already doing - everyone's already got their @bellsouth.net, @insightbb.com or @aol.com address out in circulation.

Both of these business users have their own domain and are using domain email hosted at Go Daddy. Until these recent incidents I've never had any reason not to plug in mail.insightbb.com into their outbound SMTP settings and be done with it (for stationary computers at least).

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

said by infotime:

You're preaching to the choir Damon! I've moved just about all of my small business customers to their own domain. The biggest hurdle is what they're already doing - everyone's already got their @bellsouth.net, @insightbb.com or @aol.com address out in circulation.

Interestingly, '@bellsouth.net' converts to free Yahoo! Web Mail when a Bellsouth/AT&T (Southeast) customer quits. It does not change domain, it just continues to work on Yahoo! mail servers.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

Yea something with AT&T and Yahoo changed with the renewal of their partnership, as now any joe blow can sign up for a att.net address and never have any AT&T services.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

said by OSUGoose:

Yea something with AT&T and Yahoo changed with the renewal of their partnership, as now any joe blow can sign up for a att.net address and never have any AT&T services.

As can any Joe Blow get an msn.com address without ever having had MSN Internet Access, and any aol.com address without ever having had AOL Internet.

I have one of each: aol.com, att.net and msn.com. When I was with AT&T, I got a pacbell.net address, which still works. At that time, they had not yet introduced the sbcglobal.net addresses. The purchase of AT&T by SBC was still a couple of years away at that time.

--
Norman

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

Wow that was so beneficial to this thread, normally email addresses from, ISPs only are avail to current customers, however AT&T is the exception, MSN & AOL are doing it because they are desperate to be relevant, and FYI you cant get a MSN.com address anymore only outlook.com

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

said by OSUGoose:

Wow that was so beneficial to this thread, normally email addresses from, ISPs only are avail to current customers, however AT&T is the exception, MSN & AOL are doing it because they are desperate to be relevant, and FYI you cant get a MSN.com address anymore only outlook.com

They are, nevertheless, still ISPs.
--
Norman
Expand your moderator at work