Search similar:

uniqs
MlbUser
join:2013-01-26
Melbourne, FL

MlbUser to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: [CFL] Upgrade to Turbo, VPN doesn't work anymore

OK, did that. Just tried VPN on the laptop and still won't connect. Should it or did I jump the gun?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
It's because your router is not connecting properly to modem. Please reset the router to defaults and then go into the router...make sure the WAN IP shows something other than a 192.x.x.x on the status page.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
Also make sure your modem is plugged into the WAN port of the router not a switch port and nothing else is plugged into the modem.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
Okay we are taking the modem out of bridge mode because something at your end is not working correctly. I will revisit this tomorrow when I can look at things from a different perspective.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
Std by...it finally showed up....we are reapplying the bridge
MlbUser
Melbourne, FL

MlbUser to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I checked the router status page and IP address was not in the 192.168 range. But, then internet connectivity was lost. I reset the router, checked again and now it's back in the 192.168 range. I'm guessing that's because you went back out of bridge mode?

Also, for a little while I noticed the WiFi lamp on the ubee modem was lit, but that's no longer true. Again, probably because of what you were doing to bridge?

Modem definitely only has one ethernet cable out and it goes into the WAN port of the router.

So done for today and we'll catch back up tomorrow?
MlbUser

MlbUser

LOL. Sorry about the lagginess of replies. Internet up and down causing me to be a step or two behind

Standing by...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
please check now...
MlbUser
Melbourne, FL

MlbUser

Sweet! Everything appears to work now. I just connected to work on the laptop using VPN!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
Go into the routers status page and post back the IP shown for WAN IP in your direct forums thread...not here.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to MlbUser

Premium Member

to MlbUser
Very good
MlbUser
Melbourne, FL

MlbUser

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of your help - especially on a Sunday morning!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by MlbUser:

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of your help - especially on a Sunday morning!

You are very welcome....and no worries....sleep is highly overrated

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

1 edit

Guide_Tim

Great work you 2 I'm glad his VPN is now fixed Gary on a side note my modems uptime is 5 days 8h:47m:51s with no disconncts and my Modems Logs page is nice and clean with no time out errors
I'm loving it