uniqs

fonzbear2000
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
·Verizon Wireless

fonzbear2000

Premium Member

To those of you saying Belkin sucks.....

I used to have a D-link wireless G router and had to reset it at least 3 times a week because it would always lose connection. I upgraded to a Belkin N+ and have to reset it no more than once every 2 months. I always get super good speeds with it and have literally NO problems with it with the exception of having to reset it once every couple of months, if even that. I've gone 3-4 months without having to reset it. They sure don't suck for me! Why does everyone put them down like that?

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns

Premium Member

said by fonzbear2000:

I used to have a D-link wireless G router and had to reset it at least 3 times a week because it would always lose connection. I upgraded to a Belkin N+ and have to reset it no more than once every 2 months.[clip] They sure don't suck for me! Why does everyone put them down like that?

Because you went from the worst brand (D-Stink) to the second worst.

I never need to reset my router (pfsense box). The XyXel that came with my DSL ran for 9 years and I never had to reset it.

You should never have to reset a decent router.

Belken makes labels. Most of their stuff is outsourced and they stick their label on it. Just hope it works as I hear their tech support almost non-existent.

tuaris
You Clicked on the Apple
join:2001-10-19
Naples, FL

tuaris to fonzbear2000

to fonzbear2000
I only need to reset my m0n0wall router once every year, and that's only to do a firmware upgrade.

fonzbear2000
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
·Verizon Wireless

fonzbear2000 to shdesigns

Premium Member

to shdesigns
said by shdesigns:

said by fonzbear2000:

I used to have a D-link wireless G router and had to reset it at least 3 times a week because it would always lose connection. I upgraded to a Belkin N+ and have to reset it no more than once every 2 months.[clip] They sure don't suck for me! Why does everyone put them down like that?

Because you went from the worst brand (D-Stink) to the second worst.

I never need to reset my router (pfsense box). The XyXel that came with my DSL ran for 9 years and I never had to reset it.

You should never have to reset a decent router.

Belken makes labels. Most of their stuff is outsourced and they stick their label on it. Just hope it works as I hear their tech support almost non-existent.

Can you recommend an N+ router for under $100 that I would never have to reset?