how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

draltman

join:2007-10-02
Akron, OH

[TWC] SignatureHome

I have been a "lurker" here for some time, have not posted, so please do not yell at me if this is in the wrong forum.

I have TWC's Signature Home in North East Ohio, with 2 DVR's.

My question is why cannot the DVR's see each other's Scheduled recordings? If I say record Hells kitchen in living room, I then go to the bed room, and schedule hells kitchen there I would like the DVR to say (pop up window) "HEY STUPID IT'S ALL READY RECORDING" "do you really want to do this?

Also, when a conflict on the living room's DVR, (pop up window) "Hey there's a conflict, would u like to schedule this program on the bedrooms DVR?"

in my opinion, the DVR's should have the ability to "see" the other's scheduled recording shows.

Crapigator

@mycingular.net

said by draltman:

I have been a "lurker" here for some time, have not posted, so please do not yell at me if this is in the wrong forum.

I have TWC's Signature Home in North East Ohio, with 2 DVR's.

My question is why cannot the DVR's see each other's Scheduled recordings? If I say record Hells kitchen in living room, I then go to the bed room, and schedule hells kitchen there I would like the DVR to say (pop up window) "HEY STUPID IT'S ALL READY RECORDING" "do you really want to do this?

Also, when a conflict on the living room's DVR, (pop up window) "Hey there's a conflict, would u like to schedule this program on the bedrooms DVR?"

in my opinion, the DVR's should have the ability to "see" the other's scheduled recording shows.

You're talking about Time Warner here. They are years away from having anything like that. If you want a true whole home experience you have to go to satellite. Time Warner is taking Navigator to their grave.

If TWC went all digital, dropped SDV, upped the per channel HD bitrate, and added auto HD to all or a real guide filter it would be a start at getting them on par with the competition. Simple add ons like DVR folders would help as well.

Elyria

join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH
reply to draltman

As been said: TW might not be all that technically advanced with your kinda issue

TIVO does address your issue....and handles it well

tasmithe

join:2002-09-16
Graham, NC

Uhm....I can see recordings on both DVRs in both rooms.

Crapigator

@rr.com

said by tasmithe:

Really? So when you schedule a recording on one machine it shows up in the grid and scheduled recordings on the other(s). Did TWC finally get something right and integrate their Whole Home DVR's! This would be huge. The units couldn't waste tuners by recording the same shows.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·VoicePulse

said by Crapigator :

said by tasmithe:

Really? So when you schedule a recording on one machine it shows up in the grid and scheduled recordings on the other(s). Did TWC finally get something right and integrate their Whole Home DVR's! This would be huge. The units couldn't waste tuners by recording the same shows.

No it does not do that. It only shows what is currently recording or prior recorded shows on the listing from other DVR's in the house. You can't even tell what DVR has what show. So yes your house can end up with duplicate recordings on multiple DVR's.

draltman

join:2007-10-02
Akron, OH

Exactly, I do not want "Duplicate" recordings. After recording, the show does show up in the list of recorded programs. BUT the scheduled shows will not and does not show in the grids in the opposing DVR. Also, the "Seasion Pass", (or is that TIVO) the 2 DVR's do not talk to each other.
That's the problem. The DVR's need to talk more to each other.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

Oh yes,

I have talked to SEVERAL Whole Home DVR subs with TWC and they all agree that a system upgrade is needed to allow the DVRS to be able to SEE AND MANAGE conflicts when the show is scheduled. Right now, they tell me, it only "sees" a conflict when there is a recording in progress.

The system needs to be able to see in it's database when a show is set up and say, "There's a potential conflict with a recording here on one or more of your DVR's What do you want to do?

* Cancel the old conflicting show, replace it with the new recording?
* If available, schedule the conflicting show for latert time. Set up new recording?
*Do Nothing-old show stays scheduled new show does not get recorded.

In other words, give the what to do prompts BEFORE the conflict happens, not during the show. At least, the system should have the ability to automatically kick the conflicting show to other DVR's in the home that have the "free" time and space available.

Satch