All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PhilipG
@direcpc.com

PhilipG

Anon

[HN9000] Why am I getting fapped during the fap-free time?

I had a full bucket before I started downloading at 1:00am cst (start of fap-free time for my time zone).

I just checked at 3:00am and it says my bucket is empty and I'm fapped! Also, my refill is showing a little over 2 hours remaining. What's going on?

I hope hughes hasn't done away with the fap-free time for us 9000 users.

anonymous35
@direcway.com

anonymous35

Anon

Same thing is happening to all HN9000 users, I think. It's probably related to the maintenance the other day. I have a feeling that they are indeed from now on going to count download amounts made during the unlimited period towards our daily limits. Also, i could swear the "bandwidth exceeded" popup has different wording now.

I hope I'm wrong.
anonymous35

anonymous35

Anon

If this is the case, then I suggest people just purposely exceed their limit the hour immediately following when their FAP-free time ends. That way if you exceed it during the "unlimited" time, (which I personally will do every day) at least it'll be restored soon after.
Wyngs
join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs to PhilipG

to PhilipG
Hard to believe they'd lay that on us with the rep they already have. On the other hand, if they also keep the bucket refill every 4 hours, then I might be able to live with it.

Heh213
join:2012-06-16

Heh213 to PhilipG

to PhilipG
I'm kinda scared to reboot my modem, I ended up with unlimited lol.

Realy feel bad for the people that are getting fapped.

As for them getting rid of the fap-free zone it'd be suicide possibly, but they are doing some sorta gen4 plan with the spaceway sat afaik.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to PhilipG

to PhilipG
Right at this moment i'm able to download anything, heck even 20GB (for an example) or so..
They have'nt made any progress with the Gen4 allowance, should have bonus bytes by now but we're not. I'm still able to download however much I want.

Kinda wondering right now if hughes is actually doing anything? Last night and night before I started seeing a whole bunch of new customers over on the community page complaining and having multiple issues. Sooner or later its gonna fall onto us Gen4 users
diablo18926

diablo18926 to PhilipG

to PhilipG
said by Dennis:

It appears that it is renewing every 4 hours and some odd minutes. But everytime it does that, it removes a token. When it is repaired, will I be getting my tokens back because I certainly am not using 3 Gb of download a night.

Sad... Some of them have so many tokens and once its used up, another token gets automatically used up (repeat) and thats a good question, will they get back there tokens??

glenalth
The Cardinal
join:2002-02-04

glenalth to PhilipG

to PhilipG
All of this looks like a workaround for whatever killed the service.

Was getting "Download Zone" 2 hours after it was supposed to be over yet I was down to 20MB on the allowance. But only 3 minutes till a reset, so waited that out and the next reset was listed to be 2 hours and 40 minutes later.

Went to check data use, and last usage is still on the 23rd from just before the outage.
Max Mouse
join:2010-02-28

Max Mouse to PhilipG

to PhilipG
I was able to figure it out in a short time when It happened to me didnt fap luckily... but the allowance was still going down after 2am..... it might be fixed now but the times were messed up... For me its was resetting download allowance like every 2-3 hours and the fap free time was changed from 2am to 7am to 6:30 am to 11:30 am... yeah totally not safe to set your download timers at this point...
fillup
join:2009-11-10
Vinton, LA

fillup

Still broken. The resetting time is back to normal, but my allowance is still going down during the 'fap-free' time. HN9000 user.
King John
join:2013-01-26
Floresville, TX

King John

Yeah mine too, my download time went back to normal but my data is still going down during no fap time. If they get rid of the download zone I'm officially done with HughesNet.

itsaduck
@direcway.com

itsaduck to Max Mouse

Anon

to Max Mouse
I had noticed that the date on my HN9000 jumped back to December 20 at somewhere around 9pm, the uptime said 50 minutes and did not budge.

This morning at 2AM my download zone did not kick in. I guessed it had something to do with the time being incorrect. So I rebooted it, and now it says it's about 2:30AM on Jan 4, 2000! But still no download zone.

The usage history page ends on 1/23.

Refills seem to be going normally as far as I can tell. Unfortunately I have to work for 6 more hours tonight and my scheduled refill is 7 hours away, so I can't really test out seeing what happens when I run out of allowance.

ralph mouth
@direcway.com

ralph mouth to fillup

Anon

to fillup
Wow Hughesnet. I almost went through my entire limit during the 2-7 am tonight.

Can't you get your crap together? If they have taken away the free time then I'm done with Hugesnet, I don't care if I have to break my contract. I mean the entire reason why I got the Hughesnet was the free time period.

How can they compete with Exede with this? I'll be switching as soon as I find out the time zone is gone, that they can count on.
Wyngs
join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs to PhilipG

to PhilipG
I'll wait and see, but yeah, if they remove the free time, then Exede would become a better choice and I'll go.

mscoash
@direcway.com

mscoash to PhilipG

Anon

to PhilipG
Happened to me too last night. Luckily what I was downloading was doing slow so I caught it in time. Hopefully its something they're trying to fix and not on purpose.
NoraaC6
join:2008-07-24
Ashfield, MA

NoraaC6 to PhilipG

to PhilipG
(HN9000) My download allowance has been stuck on 100% since the outage no matter how much I download. However speeds are so slow that I can't download more than a hundred meg an hour. Time to refill is never more than a few hours.

I just checked my usage page and there is no data since 21:00 on 01/23. The modem thinks it's Jan 4, 2000.

Also none of my tokens have been used so far.

It seems pretty clear that these anomalies and others reported in this thread are side effects of what ever caused the outage.

It would be interesting to know whats going on but I won't hold my breath waiting for Hughesnet to tell us about it

Heh213
join:2012-06-16

Heh213

said by NoraaC6:

(HN9000) My download allowance has been stuck on 100% since the outage no matter how much I download. However speeds are so slow that I can't download more than a hundred meg an hour. Time to refill is never more than a few hours.

I just checked my usage page and there is no data since 21:00 on 01/23. The modem thinks it's Jan 4, 2000.

Was like that for about 2 days for me, then started draining. And last night I got fapped during what should have been the free zone because the time is a few hours off.

Imma be a zombie by the time they fix it lol
fillup
Vinton, LA

fillup to NoraaC6

to NoraaC6
said by NoraaC6:

(HN9000) However speeds are so slow that I can't download more than a hundred meg an hour.

Have you tried disabling Turbopage? I find whenever Hughes is throttling me, that by disabling Turbopage, I get a HUGE increase in download speed.
fillup

fillup to PhilipG

to PhilipG
The 'fap-free' zone is still broken as of 1/28/13 1:05am cst. (HN9000)

WDuluoz
@direcway.com

WDuluoz to NoraaC6

Anon

to NoraaC6
From what I've read on the community site and from what I experienced this morning. The time of the free download seems to be off. It is occurring around 6am - 11am est (about).
I was able to download without a change in my usage till about 11:30am this morning. How long this will last is anyone's guess.

Ralph Mouth
@direcway.com

Ralph Mouth to fillup

Anon

to fillup
Apparently Free time is 6:30 to 11:30 now until they fix it.
NoraaC6
Ashfield, MA

NoraaC6 to fillup

to fillup
said by fillup See Profile
Have you tried disabling Turbopage? I find whenever Hughes is throttling me, that by disabling Turbopage, I get a HUGE increase in download speed.
[/BQUOTE :

Thanks for the tip - I will try it again when things get back to "normal".

Right now it didn't make any difference on my current download I stopped and restarted it and still do diff.

Tried starting a new download (All from TWIT network) but no better. No big surprise things are obviously screwed up on Hughes's end.

One interesting thing - When I re-enabled Turbo Page - (General web surfing seems to be near impossible without it) - now the green light in system control center is yellow - probably more appropriate for the current speeds I'm getting. (Download allowance NOT exceeded according to SCC.

Max Mouse

Max Mouse to Ralph Mouth

to Ralph Mouth
Guess I was ignored when I said this like 2 days ago... looks like its fixed now back to 2am
NoraaC6
Ashfield, MA

NoraaC6 to PhilipG

to PhilipG
So ... Things have changed some since the outage. My usage meter was staying at 100% with download speeds always under 20K.

Since yesterday My usage meter is "working" to the extent that it indicates a rapidly diminishing allowance even though download speeds are still always under 20K. Refills are now back on the 24hr schedule.

I have been FAPed twice since yesterday once during the 2am to 7am time period so while I have seen posts to indicate that had been fixed for some, evidently not here.

FAPed or not the download speeds are the same.

There is still no usage data for me on the Hughesnet site since the 23rd.

I went through a period of essentially unusable download speed every day between 8am & midnight a few years ago with the 7000 but since I upgraded to the HN9000 speeds have been fairly consistent.

This is 7 days in a row of practically useless Internet.

Has anyone heard anything to indicate that Hughes knows what is wrong or when it might be fixed ?

I suppose I should call India but I find that experience incredibly aggravating and never satisfactory.

$80 a month - What a deal

Ralph Mouth
@direcway.com

Ralph Mouth

Anon

This page should give you some good info.

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ustomers
fillup
Vinton, LA

fillup to PhilipG

to PhilipG
They broke it again.

It's been working right for the last couple of days, but tonight I noticed my allowance was decreasing while downloading when it says "Download Zone is currently active - downloads are unlimited during this time". Good thing I caught it in time before I got fapped. I'm getting tired of this.
Max Mouse

Max Mouse to PhilipG

to PhilipG
Its all messed up...My fap free time already started sometime before 2am.. I was 1:30 am when I saw it said unlimited at this time....but yeah its like fap free for like 1-2 hours before it goes back using your usage and then fap free again in 1-2 hours what the hell...

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by Max Mouse:

:( Its all messed up...My fap free time already started sometime before 2am.. I was 1:30 am when I saw it said unlimited at this time....but yeah its like fap free for like 1-2 hours before it goes back using your usage and then fap free again in 1-2 hours what the hell...

So basically your saying it starts kinda on normal time (2am) but only lasts an hour then its non free time again and another hour passes and its free time again (repeat)? Thats strange
fillup
Vinton, LA

fillup

Last night at around 2:00am (cst) my download allowance started going down.....so I figured they must have started the free time 6 hours before that at around 8:00pm. Tonight I tested my idea and found it to be correct. Seems the free download zone is now from 8:00pm to 2:00am cst.

mscoash
@direcway.com

mscoash to PhilipG

Anon

to PhilipG
You must be right. It's 9pm right now and my allowance isn't decreasing. Guess I'll do my downloading and hope they don't change it right in the middle of the night.