Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6

40MHz Running During Congestion

Why are there routers in my neighborhood running 40MHz even though there's a lot of other routers on their channel?

BlueMist

join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

If their PC(s) see their own router louder than other machines on the same channel they have a chance of working. True they might have interference that will slow down the connection but they might not realize the slower speed is happening unless they are heavy into online gaming.

Darknessfall
Premium

Meh

I just think their router is stupid. It's a 150Mbps listed Netgear bonding channels 1+5 along with a 150Mbps listed Belkin bonding the same. My Western Digital N750 refuses to go into channel bonding throughout all the channels :/.

BA
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-24
Vancouver, BC
reply to Darknessfall

Greenfield mode and high transmit power.

Darknessfall
Premium
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

said by BA:

Greenfield mode and high transmit power.

Darn . You would think these routers would be smart enough to see that 40 MHz isn't working out for them during congestion lol. Their signal from my house dropped from 4-5 bars with excellent in the morning to 2-3 bars with fair and good at night. Obviously the router is getting smashed with congestion being on 2 + 6. The other that I usually get a low signal with(Belkin) is running on 1 + 5.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2

Just because you may see both 40mhz routers doesn't mean they can see each other. At least to cause major problems for their clients.
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

Darknessfall
Premium
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

Well that's true. I also think it's neighborhood new router season . For some reason I've been seeing a lot of new routers popping up lol. I just only wish our neighbors would be smart enough to turn off their AT&T/Comcast gateway's wireless when they use their routers :/.

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to Darknessfall

They are idiots and think a bigger number is better?

Darknessfall
Premium
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

2 edits

said by Selenia:

They are idiots and think a bigger number is better?

A couple of them also spell their name in their SSID. One even spelled their name wrong!!

My router on auto doesn't want to go into channel 1 since that router on 2 + 6 came up :/. I have to manually put it into 1 and I get -19 RSSI. Those are some networks and their channel on the list. Only could put what I could fit on one photo .