All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

BlueMist to fonzbear2000

to fonzbear2000

Re: How does everyone figure that Belkin sucks?

Like all multiple use devices it is almost impossible to please everyone. Take the basic router, then add USB ports for sharing files or printers and it get complicated fast.

Many times the hardware engineers make a great product but then the software side of the house fails to provide the look and feel that people are looking for. Make it too complex, but still functional, and you scare away the mom and pop installers.

I am posting this from a Belkin Share Max N300 router that has been upgraded with Tomato firmware. The firmware was changed from the default Belkin stuff as I wanted the features that Tomato offered. The stock firmware from Belkin did work but with the various Tomato firmwares available I have the option to pick and choose what features my router has to offer me.

Having Belkin purchase Linksys should be a good thing as the commercial side of Cisco never got around to understanding what the consumer side needs or wanted. That is one big reason for the 3rd party firmware's and their increasing popularity be it Linksys or some other brand.