Premium Member
join:2001-11-20
Washington, UT

HolmanGT to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd

Re: Netgear WNDR3700 Max Rate question

mozerd,

First, sorry I didn't recognize you until this morning. I have been living on the Apple iPhone forum. Now that Apple came out with the iPhone "5"... I have abandon that little escapade.

And you caught me I did mean WPA2. It is something I mess with so seldom that my command of all the acronyms is sadly lacking - "not a good thing when communicating with thousands".

mozerd, I use an eight character alphanumeric key. Is that poor enough to render my system EASILY hackable? I just know you are going to say yes.

PS - it has been a very long time since we have chatted. Good to here from you again,

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by HolmanGT:

I use an eight character alphanumeric key. Is that poor enough to render my system EASILY hackable? I just know you are going to say yes.

PS - it has been a very long time since we have chatted. Good to here from you again,

Yes. eight character alphanumeric key can be broken quickly --- at minimum it should be 13 character alphanumeric .... the longer the key the harder it is to crack and if you want to make it un-hackable then us 63 alphanumeric character.

Good to see you too George. BTW, the new Windows 8 phone is OUTSTANDING especially the Nokia Lumia 920 or the Samsung Ativ S .... both are amazing phones

HolmanGT
HolmanGT
Premium Member
join:2001-11-20
Washington, UT

HolmanGT

Premium Member

David,

You must hate me. I have so much trouble keeping up with passwords the thought of a 13 character alph-n password makes me shiver.

"Great minds" I have been looking very hard at the Nokia Lumina 920. I have lost my fascination with the iPhone and the model 5 with its soft aluminum powdered coated, pre-dinged and scratched frame have just really turned me off.

So as not to hijack this thread I will "IM" you a little later in the day to chat about the 920.

Regards,