All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zbcochran

join:2012-05-11
reply to emak

Re: Youtube buffering/freezing problems?

said by emak:

Is anyone else out there having problems with youtube, and only youtube, related to very slow loads, freezing, buffering, etc?

Experiencing the same issue in the Hartselle/Decatur, AL area. Doesn't matter what I do, it still loads slowly on every device I have that is connected to a Charter connection. I can switch over to Verizon 4G on my phone, and it works perfectly.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2
same here in Canada, video takes it time starting and then just stops about a minute in on all videos.

Very annoying

bshelly
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC

1 edit
reply to emak
Now I'm having trouble just trying to load Youtube.com. Other standard websites are starting to exhibit problems and will not load completely on the first try. My signal levels are spot-on and I'm dreading trying to call Charter to report issues. It's getting quite frustrating.

Edit: Everything that relates to Google: Gmail, Youtube, Gmail, etc. is affected. This sucks.

emak

join:2009-08-28
reply to emak
bshelly, I can confirm. I'm also starting to have the same vague problems you're listing, not just related to youtube alone. My speedtests are also starting to perform very slightly suspiciously, although I'm not seeing anything terrible in trace routes yet. It sucks not to be able to turn to Charter Direct anymore.

emak

join:2009-08-28
reply to emak
It looks like the issues with everything Google-related is increasing. I checked out a neighbors U-verse and there is no such issue on a 3 meg connection. I am growing highly suspicious of this.

msmisfit

join:2004-09-13
Lawrenceville, GA
kudos:2
Maybe Google is being hacked like Twitter and other sites by China?

CharterAthen

@charter.com
reply to zbcochran
In Athens, AL...on the same line as Decatur and getting the same.

bshelly
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC
reply to msmisfit
It's a conspiracy... Microsoft is paying off Charter so we have no choice but to try Bing! All jokes aside, I'm glad to know it's not just emak and myself. Thanks to all who have chimed in.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC
reply to emak
Asking those with and checking out other connections would seem to indicate that this isn't happening with At&t DSL or U-verse. Whether this is 100% accurate for everyone I don't know. What I do know is it's getting really annoying and I hope this will be resolved soon.

If it continues though then questions will have to be asked. Since I don't use the internet to the amount usage wise that I did several years ago. Even then my usage was nowhere near a level that I had to worry about repercussions from Charter. So I shouldn't have any concern now. Surely Charter isn't hindering the usage of YouTube by its customers.

--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.