spc
Search similar:

uniqs
emig5m
join:2004-02-16
Columbia, NJ

emig5m

CenturyLink's Website is horrible.

»www.givemepure.com/ takes you to multiple "bundle" packages and never gives me the option for pure internet (no phone line).

When I press "check availability" all I ever get is "Congratulations! You already have the fastest speed available in your area." -Yea, no shit! Tell me something I don't already know!

Clicking "Change your speed" takes you back to the the "bundle" page. Nowhere does it let you "Change your speed"!

DON'T. WANT. NO. F*CKING. BUNDLE!

Doesn't let me add or change features on my account without calling.

Doesn't let me easily compare speeds and pricing without being told over and over- "Congratulations! You already have the fastest speed available in your area." or taking me to the bundle advertisement page.

My wireless carrier AT&T lets you configure your account in any way you want WITHOUT HAVING TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS OR TALK TO ANYONE! They even have an app to allow you to EASILY downgrade or upgrade features on your account all on one page with SIMPLE CLICKS and WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL AND TALK TO SOMEONE WHICH NORMALLY MEANS WASTING TIME WAITING ON HOLD!!!!

CenturyLink's user account website needs an overhaul!

Actually everything at this crappy company needs an overhaul! $95 a month for a measly 8Mbit connection that normally runs at 1.5Mbit with 200ms pings to nearby towns I used to ping 12ms to because they're oversubscribed or using cheaper peering (after the change from Embarq) is absurd!

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by emig5m:

Actually everything at this crappy company needs an overhaul! $95 a month for a measly 8Mbit connection that normally runs at 1.5Mbit with 200ms pings to nearby towns I used to ping 12ms to because they're oversubscribed or using cheaper peering (after the change from Embarq) is absurd!

$95 a month? Sounds like more than just Internet. My Mom's final AT&T bill for a full month of service was $103 and change; but the Internet part was only $33.

After my sister took our mother to Corvallis, Oregon, she signed Mom up for CenturyLink. She (Sis) told me the Internet part of the bill was only $40; this was for VDSL that measured 18 Mbps (as compared with her old Sonic.net "Fusion" ADSL2+ service at 4.9 Mbps for $19.98 a month).
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to emig5m

to emig5m
That's crazy.. call and tell them you want to cancel, i bet you'll get a much better price then.

Here 20/5 internet is $60/mo when not on promo (a little cheaper than Cable)

And NormanS, i think the Oregon market like Phoenix is a legacy Qwest market, so the DSL service seems to be much better in the old Qwest markets, as even when i had Embarq/CenturyLink in Ohio, it was not the greatest, but out west in Qwest territory it's fine.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by brad152:

And NormanS, i think the Oregon market like Phoenix is a legacy Qwest market, so the DSL service seems to be much better in the old Qwest markets, as even when i had Embarq/CenturyLink in Ohio, it was not the greatest, but out west in Qwest territory it's fine.

I will ask the Pennsylvania sister about the prices and level of service; she is in legacy Embarq territory.
RebelwoaClue
join:2013-01-29
Albuquerque, NM

RebelwoaClue to emig5m

to emig5m
emig5m,

I am not even a customer of CenturyLink and I got the same, useless non-information when trying to piece together ANY kind of service(s).

I couldn't sign-up for their highly advertised "19.99 for 5 Years" campaign (when adding unlimited nationwide calling) either as-offered or bundled with TV.

If I wasted 45 minutes just trying to determine costs for any of their services, how much time would I waste doing same over the phone?

With my being stuck with only Comcast and this DSL, there must be a better way. Can communities Co-Op like people do to counter water, telephone, etc., monopolies?

Count me in.