how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

officederamo

join:2004-09-22
Pomona, NY
reply to frdrizzt

Re: Cannot connect to static IP computer

Yes I have 5 static IPs. I am trying to connect via remote desktop connection. But I am testing each of the IP's, one is solid, one is mostly unavailable and three cannot be contacted at all.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
Have you tried to connect to the computers from within your office LAN? If you can get to one, then I can't think of anything that would stop you from getting to the others.

Are all computers connected directly to the CV router?
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
The Cisco 851 is only a 4 port router, so there needs to be at least one switch or router connected.

CV doesn't block RDP, and you can say with 100% certainty that the request is approved through the modem & 851 since it works for one. If the ones not working all connect through the same router or switch, and the other is not (or connected with a DMZ through the router), you can find a common point of failure. If they are through separate routers/firewalls, I'd suggest checking the firewall on the computer when you try to connect, if possible, then check any router connected one step closer to the internet until you see it being rejected.