uniqs
share rss forum feed

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

[MN] Another outage...

This is getting rather sickening. Another weekend with no internet service. It's getting hard to justify paying for internet that I can never use. In the last week alone I had two days out of seven that I had service good enough to use. Yesterday it went down for a couple hours in the middle of tax prep and they claimed it was a node that went down today its down again and they won't tell me why but its 3-4 hours expected. Last weekend it was out til 1am every day due to a fiber cut. I had internet two days... Two days in the last week. I'm starting to think an adjustment on my next bill is due. Using my phone to post here and burning up my data allowance just to keep up on things. Might as well cancel netflix my connection is never stable enough anymore to use it. I went almost six years no problems except a minor outage here and there. This year I have been putting an x on every day I dont have service and it looks like a kid counting down to Christmas now. Just give me what I am paying for.

kb0nly

Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

kb0nly

Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

I got it back online the signals are still horrible but its online. Though down speeds are so horrible its hardly worth having. This is city wide checking with friends and neighbors.

Latest modem info...

Downstream Value
Frequency 117000000 Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio 35.1 dB
Power Level -13.7 dBmV

Upstream Value
Channel ID 2
Frequency 32000000 Hz
Power 58.7 dBmV

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:114

I can see the drops in signal and connection you have had. I have sent this up to Area Management to make sure the tech tomorrow is made aware of this.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to kb0nly

Click for full size
How can that be an "A" connection? If that is an A connection, Then what I have is off the charts!

abode

@charter.com
reply to kb0nly

My mediacom email is down as well. It was sketchy at Mayo Clinics over the past month and now that I moved out the a Transplant House, EVERYTHING comes up but my email.
I am from northeast Iowa and pay over $200 a month for mediacom service. I think that is just about to stop.
abode@mchsi.com

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by abode :

My mediacom email is down as well. It was sketchy at Mayo Clinics over the past month and now that I moved out the a Transplant House, EVERYTHING comes up but my email.
I am from northeast Iowa and pay over $200 a month for mediacom service. I think that is just about to stop.
abode@mchsi.com

Different issue, make your own thread.

StreatorTech

join:2009-12-02
Streator, IL
reply to IowaMan

Speedtest.net is nowhere near as reliable as it once was. Its pretty inaccurate these days.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

It's not its speedtest.comcast.net

kb0nly

Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

I have tested on speedtest.comcast.net, speedtest.net, speakeasy.com, dslreports.com, and every other speedtest i can find with google. The tests are all about the same, i get an average of 2-3mbps downstream speed and 2.5-2.8mbps upstream.

Not sure what happened, couple weeks ago i would have been pulling 31mbps with a ping in the 30's, now my ping is in the 90-120 range and sometimes worst and the speed is dismal.