Search similar:

uniqs

seetie
@centurytel.net

seetie

Anon

[CenturyTel] modem that works with Time Capsule

Hello,
I have CenturyLink DSL and I want to use an Apple Time Capsule as a router. Can anyone recommend a modem that plays well with CenturyLink and Apple products?

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

You can configure the existing modem for bridge mode and use the time capsule as the router

seetie
@centurytel.net

seetie

Anon

Thanks for the reply. Currently I use an old Net Gear as a modem/router. I want to replace this with just a DSL modem, unless you think that's not a good idea?

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

A bridged modem/router will do the same job as a dsl modem

In the end you'll decide what you will do despite what I think

seetie
@centurytel.net

seetie

Anon

Actually, I'm quite interested in what you have to say, as I am quite new at setting all this stuff up. In fact, I don't know how to use the Net Gear as a bridge, but I'll give it a try. Maybe you could recommend a website that explains what to do. (This router is very old and not supported anymore.)
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to seetie

to seetie
I have a 3TB time capsule, and just have an old Qwest Q100 modem set to bridge mode and use PPoE to have the time capsule handle the login. Works like a champ and the Q100 can be had for pretty cheap online.

Not to mention, much better than my C1000A that they sent and would not even allow me to VPN anywhere. That router is just junk.
Phil T
join:2007-10-05
Littleton, CO

Phil T

I have the same set up as brad152 and it works well.

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac to seetie

MVM

to seetie
What is the complete model numer of the "old Net Gear modem/router"

What is the complete model numer of the "Apple Time Capsule"