share rss forum feed

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to StillLearn

Re: Yahoo Email Support

This sounds like it's something that can be done using the att yahoo member center

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

I went back to »att.yahoo.com/myaccount and searched all around.

When logged into the particular secondary account, I see no way to rename the account.

Logged into the main email account, I can go to "manage sub accounts". There I can edit or disable a sub account. Disable makes a email to an associated disposable address bounce.

I can create an email alias for the sub account, but I feel confident that the original email address would still be valid.

But I still see no way to rename an account. I don't even see way to delete an account. I was going to try deleting and see if I could recreate the associated disposable email address root on a different secondary account.

Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to think I have just missed
clicking the right thing, but I don't think so. I think this needs
higher level action if it is achievable at all.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by StillLearn:

But I still see no way to rename an account. I don't even see way to delete an account. I was going to try deleting and see if I could recreate the associated disposable email address root on a different secondary account.

AFAIK, that is not possible. Once the base part of an AddressGuard address is deleted, it can't be re-used. Per the instructions and warnings (I blew one away by accident).
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum