share rss forum feed

David
hours are m-th 1130-10p central
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:96

Re: Verizon 4G + FoxFi app performing better than AT&T 6Mbps DSL

if you want me or my guys to work on the DSL let me know.

Thanks
David
ndwbr

join:2003-07-10
Atlanta, GA

Thanks, David. DSL is working, but my 4G is a faster connection!
biochemistry

join:2003-05-09
Well if you're gonna steal, may as well pay $7 for the privilege.
ndwbr

Atlanta, GA

I take issue with this. This is not stealing. I pay for an *unlimited* data plan and I am simply making use of it.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
I say dump that crap at&t dsl.
ndwbr

Atlanta, GA

I'm seriously considering it but I have to have a long-term solution with a reliable connection from home to do work stuff after hours. I don't yet know if this Verizon solution is going to be long term. If so it would be SWEET cause I've got work ponying up $100 of my $115 monthly bill

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

So try the connection from home and work.. What kind of ping do you get? Maybe run an all night internet stress test?
ndwbr

Atlanta, GA

just ran another speedtest.net - ping is high ... 137ms but that's probably because my IP address is showing as being located at Irvine, CA !! no matter - speedtest download is 12.9 and upload is 8.2 - way better than DSL!

CaptainRR
Premium
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

Dont forget you also have access to IPv6 websites over Verizons 4g LTE and its not tunneled either you actually have a IPv6 address that another thing you may want to test out. »test-ipv6.com/ Verizon isnt fooling around with the modern aspects of there LTE service other than screwing new users with share everything crap.
ndwbr

Atlanta, GA
Doin that right now runnin VPN+Remote Desktop, Pandora playin music, plus texting on the phone - does it all w/o even blinking !!
ndwbr

Atlanta, GA

1 edit

Verizon 4G + FoxFi app performing better than AT&T 6Mbps DSL

Hi everyone, AT&T DSL is out again (2nd time in 4 weeks, rep says it will be out for 3-5 days - don't worry they're gonna pay!) so I've gotten another chance to power-test out the FoxFi wifi tethering app turning my Verizon Galaxy S3 into a wifi hotspot - Yes I popped $7 for the paid version of this app (best $7 I ever spent instead of paying $30/mo to the big V!) The last speed test I ran gave me 13Mbps/10Mbps compared to my 6Mbps/512Kbps DSL. Since I'm on an unlimited Verizon plan I'm going to keep testing this as long as I can! This is great - I've got my laptop connected to it (I can even VPN and remote desktop to work with no problem at this speed) and I can take my Wifi Kindle Fire anywhere I want and use it too! At my current rate I'll probably double my usage to 4gb over last month's - Wondering if Verizon will have any issue with this...but as I understand it they can't prohibit you from using your phone this way...Any one have a similar experience or comments on this to share?