Dr Wizard
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium Member
join:2002-12-23
Plain Dealing, LA

Dr Wizard

Premium Member

[Sci-Fi] NBC picks up J.J. Abrams pilot project

NBC has green-lighted a pilot from Mr. Abrams. From the link below (which is all the info from the article):

On the heels of the big news that J.J. Abrams has been pegged to direct the next "Star Wars" sequel, the director/producer also learned that NBC has picked up his pilot project. The high-concept drama, entitled "Believe," was written by Alfonso Cuaron ("Children of Men") and Mark Friedman ("Home of the Brave"). The story involves a young girl bestowed with great powers that will reach their zenith in seven years, and the man who is sprung from prison to protect her from those attempting to hunt her down and use those powers for their own gain. All three creators will serve as executive producers on the project along with Bryan Burk ("Fringe", "Person of Interest"). The director of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" Cuaron is set to helm the pilot. Given the talent involved, it is hardly surprising that the project is reportedly on the fast track for a pick up, with casting for the young lead already begun back in December.

NBC/Abrams pilot info

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

It sounds interesting. Hopefully they do it right.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

Varlik to Dr Wizard

Premium Member

to Dr Wizard
Hum I can swear that plot summery sounds familiar. I live in a cave so I hadn't heard that he was tapped to do the next SW sequel. Just hope there are no plans to majorly revamp history or time travel plot lines.

Dr Wizard
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium Member
join:2002-12-23
Plain Dealing, LA

Dr Wizard

Premium Member

said by Varlik:

I can swear that plot summery sounds familiar.

My grey matter is about as sharp as a bowling ball these days, but the closest (and most recent) thing that comes to mind is the Serenity movie. Further back, there was The Fury, starring a young Andrew Stevens & Amy Irving.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Also sounds a lot like Touch.