spc
uniqs

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to TekFail

to TekFail

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

I really don't understand how you can come up with a statement such as "[Teksavvy] is making its customers pay for its shortcomings".

You truly are ignorant of the position TekSavvy is in. Again, why are you here complaining and not just going to Rogers where they they will ding you 2-3x more for the same level of internet connection? If you believe Rogers is so much better, no one's holding you to a contract with Teksavvy.

I wonder if TekSavvy posted its net profits, how many would be surprised to see it's probably doesn't make much as a company. e They are not robbing anyone blind.

Your restaurant analogy falls completely flat on its face, there are no parallels at all.

If there is a routing or DNS issue, that's something TekSavvy can fix. But almost every other common problem that can occur with cable internet occurs on the last mile connection, which Rogers does not let TekSavvy touch at all. Even if TekSavvy wanted to hired its own fleet of cable installers and vans, Rogers wouldn't let them.

It's simple Rogers OWNS the coax in under the streets and on the telephone poles. And if you're not their customer, they don't really care other than to do what the CRTC has mandated them to do.

So end this melodramatic act and go sign up for Rogers already if you're so unsatisfied with TekSavvy.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

I can always count on TypeS to post what I want to when I'm trying too hard to be polite.

I'll continue to bite my tongue for the most part on this, but yes, if the OP truly feels Rogers is a better value, he would be best-served by simply switching to their service.

For those who value the simplicity of only dealing with one provider from end-to-end, Rogers is the better option, provided you don't care about higher prices, lower caps, and contracts.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
This is about the 4th post i've seen pushing the customer to leave and signup elsewhere. How about encouraging the customers who are upset to have patience no matter how frustrated they are and keep Teksavvy's growth up, not push customers away. I've never understood this just because the customer doesn't meet the "happiness criteria"?

Marc answered pretty fairly, level headed, honest. Let's stop pushing customers BACK to the big guys since that works against TSI, not with. I guarantee you, Marc, Andre, Martin or 30 other TSI staff can easily defuse most of these and keep the business rather than lose it.

Not trying to argue or be rude, just being honest. Everyone needs to switch away form the big ISP's. In order to do so, even the upset/frustrated customers need to come too.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

said by Tx:

This is about the 4th post i've seen pushing the customer to leave and signup elsewhere. How about encouraging the customers who are upset to have patience no matter how frustrated they are and keep Teksavvy's growth up, not push customers away. I've never understood this just because the customer doesn't meet the "happiness criteria"?

Marc answered pretty fairly, level headed, honest. Let's stop pushing customers BACK to the big guys since that works against TSI, not with. I guarantee you, Marc, Andre, Martin or 30 other TSI staff can easily defuse most of these and keep the business rather than lose it.

Not trying to argue or be rude, just being honest. Everyone needs to switch away form the big ISP's. In order to do so, even the upset/frustrated customers need to come too.

It's easier sometimes to goto another provider. Some people are just needy and never happy.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Well I too would prefer customers solve their grievances with TekSavvy and remain their customers.

But in this case TekFail is boasting false facts such as the activation and move fees being pocketed by TekSavvy when they are in fact from Rogers. And insinuating TekSavvy is merely playing the blame game on Rogers.

Ive read countless threads where TSI Andre and Martin have gone above and beyond to solve problems. I've never had that kind of service with Rogers. Whenever Im making account changes on my wireless with Rogers, I ask things three times to make sure Im not being scammed into more fees. Never feel like I can trust them but I trust TekSavvy when they bill me.

I hope TSI Andre or Martin can clear the situation here. But it really seems like he simply just has bone pick with TekSavvy and is grasping at straws.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

I hear you. It's why I kept (mostly) silent. But when I see how hard the TSI guys try to keep everyone happy, I get pretty irritated whenever the latest person creates their account titled "TSISucks" or "TSIFail" and comes on here howling about the injustices they have suffered (like fees that Rogers imposes). The sense of entitlement drips from every word; no amount of communication from TSI staff is enough. It's so predictable and so unbelievably boring at this point, and I think it's why people default to a "please just leave so we'll be rid of you" response, which we should all work harder to avoid in general.

Stating your problem and asking for a solution will earn you as much assistance as this community can provide. Being rude and belligerent while making unreasonable monetary demands will not.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by The Mongoose:

said by Tx:

I hear you. It's why I kept (mostly) silent. But when I see how hard the TSI guys try to keep everyone happy, I get pretty irritated whenever the latest person creates their account titled "TSISucks" or "TSIFail" and comes on here howling about the injustices they have suffered (like fees that Rogers imposes). The sense of entitlement drips from every word; no amount of communication from TSI staff is enough. It's so predictable and so unbelievably boring at this point, and I think it's why people default to a "please just leave so we'll be rid of you" response, which we should all work harder to avoid in general.

Stating your problem and asking for a solution will earn you as much assistance as this community can provide. Being rude and belligerent while making unreasonable monetary demands will not.

Absolutely agree, but i find it's a loose loose for us and TSI to send or suggest anyone go back to Robellus. It works against the little guy. So even the entitled ones, though it may take more patience it'll work out in our favor (our being the most of us on DSLR who hate the monopolies)