uniqs
share rss forum feed

JosephB

join:2012-10-19
Manhasset, NY
reply to kdshapiro

Re: Noticed modem reboot and...

kdshapiro,
This is good one, I had not noticed that. ... Thanks.
.... Now, I know that the problem I was having each morning, for a few days, endling 2 days ago, was *not* my router disconecting from the internet, but rather the modem rebooted (i.e. disconnected-reconnected to internet), by itself, during the early AM, for a few days. I am assuming it must of been some kind of outside cable issue in my area that was fixed because it stopped happening 2 days ago and the "Uptime" status indicates "2d 15hr 33m" and I am assuming "2d" meands 2 days ago, right ?

kdshapiro

join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Yes. '2d' means two days.

My old modem sbv6600(may not be the right model #) used to reboot all the time.

If you look at my original post, there is a column called uncorrectables. Numbers in this column represent bits of data your modem could not correctly interpet. Small numbers are generally okay in this column. Large numbers *might* indicate an issue.

Numbers in the corrected column indicate bits of data that to the model were erronious but the model was able to figure out what they were anyway.

My old model used to reboot and I noticed the number of uncorrectables were in the stratosphere.

Without doing anything to my internal wiring, this issue has fixed itself, or cablevision fixed this issue outside of the drop, and I rarely get any numbers in the uncorrectable column.
--
Ken

tbear228

join:2004-12-26
Seaford, NY
how do you get to the arris status page?

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Tradewind
Ultra 101
Premium
join:2005-11-08
Marlboro, NJ
reply to tbear228
said by tbear228:

how do you get to the arris status page?

»192.168.100.1/cgi-bin/status_cgi