how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Late_Tech

join:2000-08-06
Northbrook, IL

Asked for dry DSL - was told I needed to switch to UVerse

Not sure if the ATT rep I spoke with yesterday (1-25-13) was correct. I have two home phones lines, 1 has DSL Elite. I asked to drop the dial tone for budget reasons. She stated I needed to drop the DSL and switch to UVerse to get DSL service without a dial tone.

The internet price really doesn't change, though it does allow the second phone line to be eliminated. Shame to have to buy the RG when I have good ADSL modem, etc.

Rep stated no dry DSL in UVerse capable areas. Is this an issue?
I'm in North suburbs of Chicago.

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

we got business class dry dsl at our store in October and was told the same spiel. but after some pushing and proding we found the right person who knew we could still get it. might want to look into that yourself.

emt566
Premium
join:2003-10-07
Burlington, IN
reply to Late_Tech

I had to switch to Uverse also to get the DSL only package. They are pushing everyone to it now but I was able to keep all my current email and other account info.
--
Don't worry be happy

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Late_Tech

said by Late_Tech:

Rep stated no dry DSL in UVerse capable areas. Is this an issue?
I'm in North suburbs of Chicago.

Try posting your specifics including account info, in AT&T Direct. There was a post a few months back from one of the AT&T people about possibly being able to set stuff up for people in certain areas.

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to Late_Tech

said by Late_Tech:

Shame to have to buy the RG when I have good ADSL modem, etc.

You probably know this but note that if you do have to move to Uverse, your current DSL modem won't work. You'll need a Uverse Internet/IPDSLAM-specific modem.

Not_A_Genius

@swbell.net
reply to Late_Tech

This is absolute BS. I have had DSL w/o phone for what has to be going on 10 years now. In fact, I have had it so long that the only reason I found this post is because my 2wire is so old it needs replacing, and I am checking forums to see what my options are.

I complained to AT&T several months ago about the internet speeds dragging. They told me that no higher speeds were available in my area. KC METRO. Give me a break. I installed a Net Gear router, it was amazing how much difference that alone made.

Tech support is just some joe blow off the street scrolling through what the next step should be.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Not_A_Genius :

This is absolute BS

If you haven't already done so, I'm recommending that you register on this site and post your details and facts in the AT&T Direct forum. Somebody there MAY be able to help you and will MOST LIKELY get you a more meaningful response if they cannot.