share rss forum feed

mastergunner

join:2013-01-26
Norwood, PA

1 edit

[Other] RCN Forced increased speed = Norwood, PA

I emailed this to RCN Customer Service earlier today:

TO: RCN Customer Service

I have not received any response from you beside the automated response asking for more information which I provided below and sent to your company
4 times on 01/25/13.

This email makes it my 5th time trying to contact you, via email.
Also, I called your(866)874-8910 number today and was on hold for nearly 10 minutes without a human being picking up the phone and then I tried your (800) 746-4726 number and was hold for another 5 minutes without a human being picking up the phone.

Please answer my questions:
Why do I have to pay for the increase in internet service to MACH 20, or MACH 15
or MACH 5 when I never asked for it? YOU have forced these increases on me.

Since I did not ask for the change in my speed at any time why am I being forced to pay for YOUR upgrade?
In looking at your website it show for a Residential customer to purchase
the internet alone today the minimum speed you are offering is 50Mbps.

If you are making me take the MACH 20, or MACH 15 or MACH 5 speeds then it
is obvious you can throttle down the speed to specific homes.

If I choose to stay with your company I would like to revert back to the MACH 5 speed YOU forced on me.
I do need to cancel my Unlimited Local Calling phone service with you as
I no longer need a home phone.

Can you provide me with what my monthly cost would be for MACH 5 Internet speed
alone?

Please respond to me as soon as possible.

Below is my previous email to RCN sent to them multiple times:

I no longer need a phone line that doesn't even provide us with caller ID and answering machine and I never asked for MACH 20 internet service when I only want MACH 5.

My internet service has been unilaterally chosen by RCN not by me your
customer:
On Jan 01, 2013 RCN has unilaterally forced MACH 20 internet service on us increasing our bundled service to $69 (plus 13.36 in tax and fees). Jan 01,
2012 (Mach 15) we paid $57 bundled service (plus tax and fees), Jan 01, 2011 (MACH 5) we paid $50 bundled service (plus tax & fees), and Jan 01, 2010 (MACH 1.5) we paid $48.96 bundled service (plus tax & fees).

I've been a customer of RCN since Jan 2001 but due to cost & customer service I'm going to have to cancel my RCN account effective 02/01/2013.

Thank you for your time.

Expand your moderator at work

rcncares
Emilie
Premium,VIP
join:2012-01-04
Gainesville, VA
reply to mastergunner

Re: [Other] RCN Forced increased speed = Norwood, PA

mastergunner - I would like to look into this for you. Would you mind sending the name on your account privately to me through IM?

Thanks
Emilie

Expand your moderator at work