kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to NetFixer

Re: [Rant] Upsell instead of tech support

said by NetFixer:

said by DaveUSNret:

When I called Tech (lack-of) Support, the script reader who was trying to imitate a support tech spent twenty minutes trying to upsell me on an "exciting new pricing offer". In essence, he wanted me to take a triple bundle of the services we currently have plus telephone service.

I guess that you didn't get the memo. You only get tech support over the telephone if you have Comcast Digital Voice. That is why the CSR was so desperately trying to get you to buy CDV; he really wanted to help you, but was restrained by the new CDV only policy.

And while they are trying to upsell the OP Comcast Digital Voice, I tried to call and inquire about a product called AnyPlay (which may or may not have launched in the local area yet) that involves a device called the Motorola Televation that allows iPads and iPhones tune to cable channels that you subscribe to (it hooks into the cable line and to your router).

The reps knew nothing about it and could not even confirm or deny if it was available yet. Comcast might have get 5 out of 5 stars on product offerings in my book but they get zero stars for customer service/support. At the same time they are upselling, they have zero knowledge about new products. They launch products but do not train the reps on it and its up to the customer to educate the CSRs on new product offerings.

--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.