All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r

[Cable] Cutting Rogers TV

Hey guys, so at home I've got Rogers TV along with TSI cable internet. I initially switched from Rogers internet long time ago and so they never had to send anyone out. If I call into Rogers to cancel my TV with them, should I mention I've got TSI internet? Will they completely disconnect/block the signal coming into my house because I would no longer have any cables related services with them?

I am going to assume my line is not marked at TPIA because I still have TV with them directly and nobody was sent out when I switched ISPs to TSI...
stevey_frac
join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

stevey_frac

I told them that when they called. It didn't help.

The best thing to do would be to place a sign on your cable box that says you have internet with a TPIA provider, and to please check that before installing a filter.
LondonOntGuy
join:2004-05-12
London, ON

LondonOntGuy to d4m1r

to d4m1r
If history has proven, Robbers will disregard that notice and just cut you off anyways.
stevey_frac
Cambridge, ON

stevey_frac

Well, calling didn't work... Better than nothing?

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to stevey_frac

to stevey_frac
said by stevey_frac:

I told them that when they called. It didn't help.

The best thing to do would be to place a sign on your cable box that says you have internet with a TPIA provider, and to please check that before installing a filter.

So after I would call in and cancel the last cable related service with them, they normally send a truck to install a filter on the line to block off access through the line to their network?
stevey_frac
Cambridge, ON

stevey_frac

Correct. Might take a while for them to get to you to.
dm1336
join:2011-08-07
Scarborough, ON

dm1336 to d4m1r

to d4m1r
Place a sign on the box saying you have TPIA Internet (Or even just say Teksavvy Cable Internet). That way they put a filter instead of just disconnecting the cable line in the box. If you have digital cable box then that will stop working but if you remove the box then you can still get the analog services up until the day the Rogers tech arrives to place that filter on your line. Normally the tech will arrive a few days after your cut off date, but just in case you don't catch him then the sign will help.
Also your internet will go down for a few mins while the tech puts the filter on.

If you haven't done so, grab some rabbit ears and enjoy some over the air content on your tv in HD for free

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by dm1336:

If you haven't done so, grab some rabbit ears and enjoy some over the air content on your tv in HD for free

You might need a little more than ordinary rabbit ears, I recommend a CM4221 , oh and your telly will need to have a ATSC tuner inbuilt.

Anaron
join:2005-01-28
North York, ON

Anaron to d4m1r

to d4m1r
Rogers gave me cable without my permission and disconnected it a short while later. After they disconnected it, my Internet connection went out with it. I had to call TekSavvy to make an appointment for a technician to reconnect the line.

Chances are the same thing will happen to you so be prepared to not have Internet access for a few days. The earliest the technician can come is 2 days from the date the ticket is opened.
kabes
join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON

kabes to d4m1r

to d4m1r
You could probably place a flashing neon sign by your outside cable box and you will still be disconnected.

The techs don't give a flying crap about it. They get an order to go and "cut" the line, and they'll do what they are told to the letter. And any inconvenience to you as a TPIA customer is in Rogers best interest which is why they won't make any kind of effort.

Just be prepared to have to call for a reconnection.
Jaxom
join:2012-03-10
East York, ON

Jaxom to d4m1r

to d4m1r
I warned them when I cancelled Rogers video. Woman said she already saw on the account I was marked as having a third party ISP.

When I originally got my internet hooked up I asked the guy to put the tag on it. Not sure if he really did.

I was lucky and didn't get disconnected (knock on wood).

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to d4m1r

Premium Member

to d4m1r
Hi There,

Unfortunately it has happened in the past that Internet is cut off when you cancel your cable TV, especially if they cancel it remotely. Letting Rogers know and leaving a note all increases your chance of this not happening. If it does, please message us in the direct forum »/forum ··· avdirect with the light pattern on your modem, and signal levels and modem logs and we will be able to submit something off for you.