join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Indy Sabre

Re: [WIN7] Help - I can't eject my External Harddrive

Hi Indy,

I didn't like how it showed empty folder in the Windows Backup Image either. I ended up attaching my external hard drive to my Vista computer and when I looked at it with Explorer I found the Windows Backup Image file (showing empty folder) and was able to delete (I had to confirm the deletion a couple of times). I didn't see it on the root of the external drive anywhere. However, I do have three folders on that drive for each computer and this Windows Backup Image was additional. Since I deleted the backup folder do you know if I deleted everything regarding it?

Trying out Macrium after having a Windows backup copy isn't a bad idea, so long as I can figure it out. This Windows Backup seems pretty easy.

The technician came and changed the harddrive, but wasn't able to load Windows. There was an error. I called Lenovo and he determined the error message meant they have to replace the motherboard and optical drive (I did see errors in the Event Viewer about Disk 1 but didn't think too much about it.) Imagine that.

Sincerely, Libra