spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Petabites
@datafoundry.com

Petabites

Anon

Karl? It's time.

Without a doubt, please give the Javascript speedtest tool a proper burial (no need to be an "enabler" of people shoving Oracle on their machines for no good reason)

A slightly tougher decision would be to get 3 months ahead of the rest of the world by killing the FLASH speed test -- simultaneously -- even before you have an HTML5 replacement.

DSLReports.com and BroadbandReports have always been ahead of the curve on taking the industry where we know it has to go.

Thank you, Mr. Bode.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

2 edits

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Petabites :

Without a doubt, please give the Javascript speedtest tool a proper burial (no need to be an "enabler" of people shoving Oracle on their machines for no good reason)

A slightly tougher decision would be to get 3 months ahead of the rest of the world by killing the FLASH speed test -- simultaneously -- even before you have an HTML5 replacement.

DSLReports.com and BroadbandReports have always been ahead of the curve on taking the industry where we know it has to go.

Thank you, Mr. Bode.

And where are these HTML5 speed tests to replace Flash speed tests?
Only two I found that is even moderately usable is »speedof.me and »www.bandwidthplace.com/

At least these approach the actual link speed. Others are so slow they barely get to 1/10 of the link speed. Unfortunately HTML5 is so tied up with how each browser implements it, results vary greatly from one browser brand to another.

An example of another HTML5 speed test that is very slow:
»html5speedtest.me/
»html5speedtest.me/about/
FFH5

FFH5

Premium Member

2 HTML5 speedtests

1st test runs long enough to get past the Comcast Powerboost.

»Speedof.me
»speedof.me/show.php?img= ··· 2605.png

2nd test ends before Powerboost turns off.

»bandwidthplace.com

PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

That's funny, it does require Javascript to be enabled.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by PrntRhd:

That's funny, it does require Javascript to be enabled.

Javascript and the JAVA JRE are not the same.