Search similar:

uniqs

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

CUBS_FAN

Getting rid of "browse to save"?

I've researched it and everyone says its a browser extension but I can't seem to find it anywhere locally on my computer. But on Chrome, FireFox, and even Internet Explorer do I find random text underlined and whenever I put my mouse pointer on it a little ad appears. I have the add-on Ad Block Plus installed and that reduced it down to text as you can see in the picture below. Anyone else seeing this? Is it something that's always been there and I've just noticed it now?

FWIW I've also been battling 3 re-occurrence's of the Moneypak FBI virus and noticed something about my version Java being outdated and vulnerable. I've updated Flash and Java and hope to be done with the FBI virus.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna

Premium Member

I would head over to Security Cleanup and follow the Mandatory Steps (at the top of the forum) there, then if no joy, ask for help there:

»Security Cleanup

Not sure why you think updating Java (which is still recommended to be disabled/uninstalled unless you *REALLY* need it) and Flash would get rid of a virus? You need to run some security tools, IMO.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to CUBS_FAN

to CUBS_FAN

I get placeholders like that also on sites where i have blocked thier spam ads (Ah man!!)

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
Chicago, IL

CUBS_FAN to La Luna

to La Luna

Re: Getting rid of "browse to save"?

said by La Luna:

I would head over to Security Cleanup and follow the Mandatory Steps (at the top of the forum) there, then if no joy, ask for help there:

Thanks for the advice. If you feel you or anyone else visiting this forum feel you can help I've created a post over there.. »Getting Rid of "Browse to Save" on Chrome?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 recommendation

CylonRed

MVM

You need to do the mandatory steps in the security forum and post the logs:
»Security Cleanup FAQ »Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance

Do also look at the one post in the forum as well.

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
Chicago, IL

3 recommendations

CUBS_FAN

Re: Getting rid of "browse to save"? [SOLVED]

Thanks for the help. Over in the other forum someone helped me find out what it was. A pre-installed addon called "codecv" was the culprit. Once I dumped it all the underlines are gone. Thanks

»botcrawl.com/how-to-remo ··· ce/#List

TonyKlein
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Netherlands

2 recommendations

TonyKlein

Premium Member

Great, but as I said, stick around for a check-up by one of the experts here for a complete cleanup, as you may still have associated files and registry keys, as well as possible other foistware left to remove.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to CUBS_FAN

Premium Member

to CUBS_FAN

Re: Getting rid of "browse to save"?

Grinler & co seem to have something that would help:
»www.bleepingcomputer.com ··· nsomware
siljaline

siljaline to CUBS_FAN

Premium Member

to CUBS_FAN
LoPhatPhuud See Profile and others here are some of the best that I know. Good luck