Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna to CUBS_FAN

Premium Member

to CUBS_FAN

Re: Getting rid of "browse to save"?

I would head over to Security Cleanup and follow the Mandatory Steps (at the top of the forum) there, then if no joy, ask for help there:

»Security Cleanup

Not sure why you think updating Java (which is still recommended to be disabled/uninstalled unless you *REALLY* need it) and Flash would get rid of a virus? You need to run some security tools, IMO.

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

CUBS_FAN

said by La Luna:

I would head over to Security Cleanup and follow the Mandatory Steps (at the top of the forum) there, then if no joy, ask for help there:

Thanks for the advice. If you feel you or anyone else visiting this forum feel you can help I've created a post over there.. »Getting Rid of "Browse to Save" on Chrome?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 recommendation

CylonRed

MVM

You need to do the mandatory steps in the security forum and post the logs:
»Security Cleanup FAQ »Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance

Do also look at the one post in the forum as well.

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

3 recommendations

CUBS_FAN

Re: Getting rid of "browse to save"? [SOLVED]

Thanks for the help. Over in the other forum someone helped me find out what it was. A pre-installed addon called "codecv" was the culprit. Once I dumped it all the underlines are gone. Thanks

»botcrawl.com/how-to-remo ··· ce/#List

TonyKlein
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Netherlands

2 recommendations

TonyKlein

Premium Member

Great, but as I said, stick around for a check-up by one of the experts here for a complete cleanup, as you may still have associated files and registry keys, as well as possible other foistware left to remove.