·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

1 recommendation

The Redbox Review

Up this weekend:
Looper
Battleship

Looper - Rating:
While the basic premise of Looper is a stretch, once you get past that, the movie itself has the obligatory actions scenes but also is darn good sci-fi. While Bruce Willis is the marquee name, the jawdropping actor is the boy that plays Cid; how they got the performance out of him like they did is amazing. If you watch it, you'll say "Wow!"

Battleship - Rating:
I had low expectations for this, but was pleasantly surprised. It's really not as ridiculous as it sounds. They wisely kept the nod to the board game it's based upon subtle. This is more of an action movie than sci-fi, but I found it to be damn entertaining.

So there you have it, $2.40 well spent.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Looper has been on my list for awhile, will definitely get to it soon!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Wily_One

Looper was really good IMO but I would give the nod to Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I think he had a lot to do with elevating the movie to a higher level. I think the cast overall was great too though.

Battleship,.....well,......meh!

Expand your moderator at work

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Wily_One

Re: The Redbox Review

Looper was a great sci-fi movie.
Battleship was a great sci-fi action movie. You have to watch it expecting some "what the hell?" moments.

Both are very entertaining.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rlt2562
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium
join:2002-12-23
Haughton, LA
reply to Wily_One

I agree with Rook on both. JG-L gave an excellent performance, as well as Mr. Bruce.

Battleship was enjoyable as well. The security-action-cam of John Carter getting her a burrito had me howling (saw the actual robbery footage on one of those 'Dumbest Criminal' shows).
--
You may say I'm a Dreamer.... But I'm not the only one.....

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to Wily_One

Both were very enjoyable and Looper left me thinking.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Rook008

I agree with both of you that Gordon-Levitt did a good job, but the role that blew me away was the kid considering his age. There were times I seriously thought his face was done with CGI.

P.S. Just confirmed I misspoke when I referred to the kid as Seth - I meant Cid. That kid is only 7 years old!