TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to infotime

MVM

to infotime

Re: [E-Mail] Recent changes to outbound email server mail.insigh

said by infotime:

You're preaching to the choir Damon! I've moved just about all of my small business customers to their own domain. The biggest hurdle is what they're already doing - everyone's already got their @bellsouth.net, @insightbb.com or @aol.com address out in circulation.

Interestingly, '@bellsouth.net' converts to free Yahoo! Web Mail when a Bellsouth/AT&T (Southeast) customer quits. It does not change domain, it just continues to work on Yahoo! mail servers.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Yea something with AT&T and Yahoo changed with the renewal of their partnership, as now any joe blow can sign up for a att.net address and never have any AT&T services.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by OSUGoose:

Yea something with AT&T and Yahoo changed with the renewal of their partnership, as now any joe blow can sign up for a att.net address and never have any AT&T services.

As can any Joe Blow get an msn.com address without ever having had MSN Internet Access, and any aol.com address without ever having had AOL Internet.

I have one of each: aol.com, att.net and msn.com. When I was with AT&T, I got a pacbell.net address, which still works. At that time, they had not yet introduced the sbcglobal.net addresses. The purchase of AT&T by SBC was still a couple of years away at that time.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Wow that was so beneficial to this thread, normally email addresses from, ISPs only are avail to current customers, however AT&T is the exception, MSN & AOL are doing it because they are desperate to be relevant, and FYI you cant get a MSN.com address anymore only outlook.com

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by OSUGoose:

Wow that was so beneficial to this thread, normally email addresses from, ISPs only are avail to current customers, however AT&T is the exception, MSN & AOL are doing it because they are desperate to be relevant, and FYI you cant get a MSN.com address anymore only outlook.com

They are, nevertheless, still ISPs.
Expand your moderator at work