uniqs
share rss forum feed

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to MaynardKrebs

Re: [DSL] Bell FTTN 50 Mbps tier

said by MaynardKrebs:

It"ll be your Trustee in Bankruptcy dealing with Bell's request for payments on your 10G circuit setups by the time the CRTC gives the indies a fair shake.

10GbE will not make or break TSI but it would make their life much simpler and more efficient.

Question is whether or not the CRTC will buy Bell's excuse that E320s' limited 10GbE port capacity prevents Bell from offering that. This this argument is one of the main reasons behind the CRTC's ~50% reduction on Bell's CBB rates, I bet Bell would file for a new revision if they upgraded their E320s to something beefier for 10GbE wholesale support and the CBB rate would bounce back to ~20k$/Gbps.

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to 34764170
When will the new DSL packages be updated Marc? Sometime this week?

DeViLzzz

join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON
reply to neuromancer1
Absolutely ridiculous is the word for it LOL

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to mikee
said by mikee:

I've got many ideas still bouncing around and some things I'm still waiting for confirmation on but I/we are getting closer. I will likely have a really good idea by the end of this week. As soon as I'm pretty happy with everything, I'll share.. We're probably looking at a couple weeks past that to go live with any of it.

Some stuff like activations on FTTN DSL, I already know will be dropped in half. Unlimited between 2 and 8 will now be for all services. Some seem to be using it; thanks to those who do! it all helps keep costs down. I also want to do a two month rolling average for overages.. that's a bit more complicated to roll out so it may take longer to implement but I think it's the most fair way to go. It's what we used to do. I dont like surprises with my invoices any more than you guys do...

for the rest, you'll have to wait
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
Will there be any relief for those migrating from cable, which if I'm not mistaken is about to become much more expensive...???

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by Rickkins:

Will there be any relief for those migrating from cable, which if I'm not mistaken is about to become much more expensive...???

I dont think it will be "much more expensive".
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
Oh, ok.

blueprintz

join:2011-05-29
Kanata, ON
reply to 34764170
Glad to hear the 50/10 will be coming soon. I will be looking to move to this from cable, with the new rates I think this will be beneficial for everyone.

bbiab

join:2004-05-26

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc
-

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by mikee:

I've got many ideas still bouncing around and some things I'm still waiting for confirmation on but I/we are getting closer. I will likely have a really good idea by the end of this week. As soon as I'm pretty happy with everything, I'll share.. We're probably looking at a couple weeks past that to go live with any of it.

Some stuff like activations on FTTN DSL, I already know will be dropped in half. Unlimited between 2 and 8 will now be for all services. Some seem to be using it; thanks to those who do! it all helps keep costs down. I also want to do a two month rolling average for overages.. that's a bit more complicated to roll out so it may take longer to implement but I think it's the most fair way to go. It's what we used to do. I dont like surprises with my invoices any more than you guys do...

for the rest, you'll have to wait

It would be better to extend the unlimited window to 8 or 10 hours in lieu of averaging. My feeling was you did away with the averaging when the CBB started and you provided for off peak usage.

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
Awesome, how about dry loop? Will this be waived? Or are you not sure at this moment?

da_guy2

join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON
said by mikee:

Awesome, how about dry loop? Will this be waived? Or are you not sure at this moment?

+1

That's the only thing holding me back right now. I've switched to tektalk and quite like it, but the added dry loop cost kinda kills the tektalk deal.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to 34764170
Bell came to install a 50mb line and the best we could do was sync at 46mb... the issue is that the guy was totally unwilling to go and look at webcare/lantern and make his own decisions about line quality... oh well, got credits up the wazoo :P
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Gruesome

join:2007-10-18
Milton, ON
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by Rickkins:

Cogeco's network looks to be much more expensive

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by Gruesome:

said by TSI Marc:

said by Rickkins:

Cogeco's network looks to be much more expensive

yeah.. it is... $2556 as opposed to $1400..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy