spc
uniqs
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to rgsalinger

to rgsalinger

Re: Dont fall for their trap

I had some initial difficulties with my UVerse install. However, once I identified the problem, and had them replace the underground 4 color, while I rewired the rest myself, I haven't had any trouble for going on 3 1/2 years now. Although, I do acknowledge that most people do not have the time nor expertise necessary to identify and/or repair the problems themselves.

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

said by Paralel:

However, once I identified the problem, and had them replace the underground 4 color

There's a reason why those old non-twisted 4-color drops are supposed to be replaced anytime we find them, because they don;t support data
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

said by Tech007:

said by Paralel:

However, once I identified the problem, and had them replace the underground 4 color

There's a reason why those old non-twisted 4-color drops are supposed to be replaced anytime we find them, because they don;t support data

I know. Apparently the guy who did the initial install was hoping he could get away with leaving the underground 4-color, and NID filter that was out of date and did not support VDSL by just putting us on a lower profile. As you can imagine, it created serious problems with the service until it was rectified.