Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
reply to LazMan

Re: Networking Ideas Questions for a Retro Build.

Well the old office is going to turn in to the new kids room and they need the closet.

How about if I have it go to a patch panel on the attic and then down to another patch panel on the office? I am sure I can go directly to the switch at that point but for the sake of "clean"
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
said by XCOM:

Well the old office is going to turn in to the new kids room and they need the closet.

How about if I have it go to a patch panel on the attic and then down to another patch panel on the office? I am sure I can go directly to the switch at that point but for the sake of "clean"

do exactly this, but i woud get three patch panels.

patch the current drops to 1st patch panel. patch the new drops to the 2nd patch panel. mount these next to e/o and use 1 ft patch cables to patch port 1 to port 1, port 2 to port 2, port 3 to port 3.....

in the new office, take the other end of the new cable runs and punch them down to the 3rd patch panel.

from there, use patch cables needed to terminate devices.

how many total drops? you can also punch down phone on the patch panels.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
said by tomdlgns:

said by XCOM:

do exactly this, but i woud get three patch panels.

patch the current drops to 1st patch panel. patch the new drops to the 2nd patch panel. mount these next to e/o and use 1 ft patch cables to patch port 1 to port 1, port 2 to port 2, port 3 to port 3.....

in the new office, take the other end of the new cable runs and punch them down to the 3rd patch panel.

from there, use patch cables needed to terminate devices.

how many total drops? you can also punch down phone on the patch panels.

What tha?
lol

Too late I just got the Panduit 110 punchdown block in
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
what? too much work or you you not understand what i was trying to explain?

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
Overly complicated to use multiple patch panels for a static situation... 110 or Bix is cleaner and more reliable...