spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nchdfh

@verizon.net

Difference between v1.1 and v3.0 remotes?

I had a new install done several weeks ago.

Some of my remotes have v1.1 printed on the battery cover and some have v3.0.

All the remotes are the same model, two power buttons on the top: one for the STB and one for the TV.

Anybody know what is different between the two versions?

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Updates - possibly able to control more TV models with the later version. This was the case with the different versions for the 4-button remotes.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Nchdfh

There are actually several different types of remotes. I have had Fios for about 5 years and all of the remotes have four device buttons: DVR, AUX, TV and STB. I understand that newer remotes only have two device buttons.

Here is a link to the remotes:

»www22.verizon.com/Support/Reside···etup.htm

Nchdfh

@verizon.net
reply to Rattler

So updated firmware code.

Not updated hardware?

What is the latest version number anyway?

It would have been nice to get the latest version remote for all my STBs.

I guess when I upgrade my TV sets in the future I may run into some compatibility problems. In that case my remote will 'break' and I will request a replacement.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

said by Nchdfh :

So updated firmware code.

Not updated hardware?

I think the remote's firmware is contained in a hard-coded chip and is not updatable within a version. So, in that sense, it is both a hardware and firmware update.

I don't have any 2-button remotes but do have two versions of the 4-button type (RC1445301/00B, no Rev & RC1445302/00B, Rev 2). The instruction sheet that came with the higher version number had more device codes listed than the lower one. There are a couple of subtle external differences as well but they had to do with appearance only, all the functions are the same.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

Nchdfh

@verizon.net

Great information everyone. Thanks.

All the two-button remotes (P265) that I have all look the same on the outside. They all function the same. At the time of my installation I didn't get any instruction sheets with them, the tech must have left them on the truck or not bother to give them to me.

So any difference are on the inside of the remote, be it code or hardware.

If one day I get a new TV and its code isn't supported on the remotes that I have then I hope that Verizon has a newer version.