All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd

Bell now giving unlimited usage

Bell recently started an unlimited addon for $30 (standalone) vs $10 (in a bundle). I am curious to see how soon, or if ever, Rogers will react to this. I recently added extra usage for $20 (80GB) and would gladly put in $10 for the unlimited option.

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict

where is this? I didn't see it anywhere on the page at least for fibe 25
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

It's apparently unadvertised. Likely to give Bell a head start in acquiring more customers before Rogers comes out with a similar feature.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Are they on crack? They want me to pay over 90 bucks a month for Fibe 25 for unlimited,when I can (for example) get it for $78 from Teksavvy (which IMO is still WAY to pricing). I have unlimited 28/1 for $40.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

$30 won't be appealing to most, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who are with Rogers purely for speeds that TPIAs can't offer and they would gladly pay an extra $30 for unlimited. Also $10 for unlimited for triple play customers will certainly help bell reduce churn caused by TPIAs. A large number of customers view the ability to have all their residential services on one bill to be very important.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to Pesterd

to Pesterd
And so it starts. Bell, Rogers, et al. get everyone used to metered billing, get absurd Capacity Based Billing rates approved for Wholesale/TPIA, then come back and introduce Unlimited packages that wholesale ISPs cannot match with the current pricing schemes.

They'll put a bunch of the wholesale ISPs out of business just as people's usage patterns are growing and a bunch of them are moving to aggregated POI/CBB.

They had to wait a while to do it in order to claim it was for "competitive" reasons...

Once the wholesale ISPs have been taught a lesson, the consumer gouging will resume.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Well personally, I hope the ISPs go nuts trying to outrun and outgun each other. Just what we need to shake up ISP price hike complacency.

Nothing like a good ole price/cap/speed war. Let's get ready to RUMBLE..........
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

If only my townhouse was not serviced by the Rogers monopoly..
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime to Pesterd

to Pesterd
So I guess I should leave Rogers or wait a year?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by TechChime:

If you need unlimited you should have left for a TPIA. Bell's unlimited deal isn't that great unless you have triple play, considering the prices they charge for their relatively low speeds.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime

said by yyzlhr:

said by TechChime:

If you need unlimited you should have left for a TPIA. Bell's unlimited deal isn't that great unless you have triple play, considering the prices they charge for their relatively low speeds.

I mean I'm paying highest Rogers Tier now.. I rather pay $30 month rather extra $100.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

$30 won't be appealing to most, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who are with Rogers purely for speeds that TPIAs can't offer

Wait till the end of the week...
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to Pesterd

to Pesterd
Give rogers at least a month to counter this new bell's offer. Remember rogers has had overage cap for a very long time, first $25 then $50 and now $100, whilst this is bell's very first attempt. With bell's $10 offering rogers really has no choice but to pony up a cheaper overage cap, especially since rogers has "broken" all the contracts with the recent price hike; everyone can cancel without a single dime in early cancellation fee.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Pesterd

Premium Member

to Pesterd
god I hope rogers does something I'm tried of paying 87 for forking 10/1 business.

CFoo
join:2008-03-19
Nepean, ON

CFoo to Pesterd

to Pesterd
I'm sure Bell will increase their price in the near future as well. Can't see why Bell would opt out losing overages.

People I know, who are not tech savvy, do not want to move over to the TPIA even when I explained to them the savings. They are more comfortable with the big boys especially when they have more than one service with them and believe their support will be better (in some cases it is).

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by CFoo:

I'm sure Bell will increase their price in the near future as well. Can't see why Bell would opt out losing overages.

It all starts off ooooh aaaaaahhh, later there's running and screaming.

The best way I can sum up, from experience, doing business with Bell:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· B-Q2j_vs

(And Rogers is no better)

Mike
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by yyzlhr:

$30 won't be appealing to most, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who are with Rogers purely for speeds that TPIAs can't offer

Wait till the end of the week...

If they're talking about 150/10, the TPIAs that don't already offer it aren't going to offer it anytime soon.
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd

Now advertised.
The first thing that pops up.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Nice...

You can thank TekSavvy for that.

Now, hopefully Rogers will follow up.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Pesterd

Premium Member

to Pesterd
god I hope rogers does this shit. while some folks say move to a 3rd party I can't no unlimited cable is in my area and dsl is only forking 3 down in this part of town.

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

Knowing Rogers, they'll lower the caps (Extreme 40GB cap etc) on all the plans and then charge an extra $60 for the unlimited option on top off their already sky high rates per tier.

If there's any way Rogers can twist this into another price hike 30 days after their LAST price hike they'll do it pronto.

The only customers that will benefit from the unlimited is the probably 1 or 2% that go over each month. For the other 98% it'll be just more pain and suffering subsidizing the DL addicts.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

well I don't see rogers making their serve worse but I do see them just saying well so many people can't get DSL they can't switch so we'll just do our own thing. I don't see many none heavy users switching over this to have any effect on rogers.

hm maybe I should call rogers just to bring up this plan so they know people want it.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

What a joke. Bell 25/10= $57.95 base price + $30.00 unlimited= $87.95 + 13% tax= $99.38/month.

Sell the house. Sell the car. Put your kids into foster care and GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO YOUR LOCAL ISP.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

then dump cable move to a voip phone I pay like 6 bucks a month for my phone I load it up with 25 bucks every few months and use the internet for all your entertainment.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

What a joke. Bell 25/10= $57.95 base price + $30.00 unlimited= $87.95 + 13% tax= $99.38/month.

Sell the house. Sell the car. Put your kids into foster care and GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO YOUR LOCAL ISP.

Not so much of a joke if you buy home phone and TV with it - then the price is only $10.00 for unlimited.
nitric
join:2012-01-29

1 edit

nitric to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

This is Bell trying to get their own customers back. Those who have TV/Phone but no internet with them. They know they won't win over people who just want internet service.

Teksavvy offers 28/1 for $61.25.

Bell is offering 25/10 for $67.95 to those with phone/TV and $77.95 for those with one service. If I had two Bell services I would gladly pay $67.95 for 10x the upload speed, one service.. probably not.

I do currently have three services with Rogers (cell, tv, phone) and if they introduced a plan with similar speeds, pricing and unlimited I would without a doubt switch to them.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Are they on crack? They want me to pay over 90 bucks a month for Fibe 25 for unlimited,when I can (for example) get it for $78 from Teksavvy (which IMO is still WAY to pricing). I have unlimited 28/1 for $40.

Teksavvy also has dry loop fees; TSI ends up being more expensive then bell for most of the band rates for 25/10 unlimited. Also TSI has huge start up cost ($100 I think) while bell has nothing (they are waiving all fees).

Where are you getting 28/1 for $40? No TPIA offers unlimited 28/1 for $40! Acanac's $39.95 doesn't count because its a 1 year term discount and Robellus also gives generous discount on 1-3 year terms.
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee

said by technocar2:

Where are you getting 28/1 for $40? No TPIA offers unlimited 28/1 for $40! Acanac's $39.95 doesn't count because its a 1 year term discount and Robellus also gives generous discount on 1-3 year terms.

The difference is, Acanac's 1 year term is not a locked in contract. You can leave at any time and get a refund for the remaining balance (monthly fee is then based on how long you were a customer). Plus Acanac is unlimited, includes a free VPN and a great referral program (1 referral = 1 free month, 10 = free service as long as you're a customer).

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

then dump cable move to a voip phone I pay like 6 bucks a month for my phone I load it up with 25 bucks every few months and use the internet for all your entertainment.

Is that VoIP.MS or some other provider?

I'm using VoIP.ms for call forwarding (long distance)...save a lot of the cell plan. 99 cents per month plus 1 cent per minute VS 20 cents per minute /w Rogers....
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to Samgee

to Samgee
said by Samgee:

said by technocar2:

The difference is, Acanac's 1 year term is not a locked in contract. You can leave at any time and get a refund for the remaining balance (monthly fee is then based on how long you were a customer). Plus Acanac is unlimited, includes a free VPN and a great referral program (1 referral = 1 free month, 10 = free service as long as you're a customer).

It doesn't matter what the difference or technicalities of it are; you just can't use Acanac's $40 plan for comparison. Its a 1 year term discount, its not the upfront price, just like you can't use rogers 70% off discount or any other discounts for comparison.

Because if you were to compare discounted plans then rogers has cheapest unlimited plans in terms of dollars per megabit.

Acanac = $1.42 per Mbit
Bell = $1.86 per Mbit
Rogers = $0.92 per Mbit

You see there is no point in comparing discounted plans because they are discounted and are not the up front price. Acanac's $40 "might" be good, but rogers' is better!