how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
reply to Pesterd

Re: Bell now giving unlimited usage

So I guess I should leave Rogers or wait a year?

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
reply to elitefx

If only my townhouse was not serviced by the Rogers monopoly..

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to HeadSpinning

Well personally, I hope the ISPs go nuts trying to outrun and outgun each other. Just what we need to shake up ISP price hike complacency.

Nothing like a good ole price/cap/speed war. Let's get ready to RUMBLE..........

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to Pesterd

And so it starts. Bell, Rogers, et al. get everyone used to metered billing, get absurd Capacity Based Billing rates approved for Wholesale/TPIA, then come back and introduce Unlimited packages that wholesale ISPs cannot match with the current pricing schemes.

They'll put a bunch of the wholesale ISPs out of business just as people's usage patterns are growing and a bunch of them are moving to aggregated POI/CBB.

They had to wait a while to do it in order to claim it was for "competitive" reasons...

Once the wholesale ISPs have been taught a lesson, the consumer gouging will resume.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to elwoodblues

$30 won't be appealing to most, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who are with Rogers purely for speeds that TPIAs can't offer and they would gladly pay an extra $30 for unlimited. Also $10 for unlimited for triple play customers will certainly help bell reduce churn caused by TPIAs. A large number of customers view the ability to have all their residential services on one bill to be very important.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to yyzlhr

Are they on crack? They want me to pay over 90 bucks a month for Fibe 25 for unlimited,when I can (for example) get it for $78 from Teksavvy (which IMO is still WAY to pricing). I have unlimited 28/1 for $40.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to eeeaddict

It's apparently unadvertised. Likely to give Bell a head start in acquiring more customers before Rogers comes out with a similar feature.

eeeaddict

join:2010-02-14
reply to Pesterd

where is this? I didn't see it anywhere on the page at least for fibe 25

Pesterd

join:2013-01-22

Bell recently started an unlimited addon for $30 (standalone) vs $10 (in a bundle). I am curious to see how soon, or if ever, Rogers will react to this. I recently added extra usage for $20 (80GB) and would gladly put in $10 for the unlimited option.