uniqs
TekFail
join:2013-01-25
Nepean, ON

TekFail to TypeS

to TypeS

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

said by TypeS:

Save them what pain? The fees associated with activating or moving (Rogers has decided they're both the same) are spelled out clearly on TekSavvy's website.

If self-entitlement is expecting to get what I pay for then yes I'm a terrible person.

I read the fees, and I agreed to them. I never said I wasn't aware of them. Nor did I mention that they were too high, or higher than Rogers.

I'd be happy to pay if they did what they said.

I said I was upset when the didn't give me what I was promised, repeatedly. Not that I had a problem with the fee.

If you don't want to read the thread, please don't reply.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by TekFail:

said by TypeS:

Save them what pain? The fees associated with activating or moving (Rogers has decided they're both the same) are spelled out clearly on TekSavvy's website.

If self-entitlement is expecting to get what I pay for then yes I'm a terrible person.

I read the fees, and I agreed to them. I never said I wasn't aware of them. Nor did I mention that they were too high, or higher than Rogers.

I'd be happy to pay if they did what they said.

I said I was upset when the didn't give me what I was promised, repeatedly. Not that I had a problem with the fee.

If you don't want to read the thread, please don't reply.

Perhaps you need to re-read some of the slander you have written such as this little tid-bit:
said by TekFail:

....I'm willing to bet since they're not clutching to a ill-required $65 fee to stay afloat...

There are more posts where you continually brought up fees you've incurred.

I have perfectly read what you have read, as have many others that have posted in this thread. You made the thread, don't cry "don't reply" because the responses and feedback to your temper tantrum has been negative.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

Yes, it's about fees. I never denied that.
No, I never said that I wasn't aware of the fees. If I did, please quote it.

What you quoted at best was a poor choice of words. ill-deserved would be more appropriate, but that quote does nothing to prove your point.

Yes, I phrased things to get an emotional response.

No, I never slandered, to quote John Jonah Jameson, Jr.

"Slander is spoken, in print it's libel"

(While the statement isn't actually true, I just wanted to quote Spiderman) Neither is correct since nothing here is untrue, and I made a great effort to inform when I was speculating.

My request wasn't "Don't reply" it was "Read, then reply" if you put words in my mouth to make me fit the unreasonable jerk you want me to be it makes you look like you can't see past your own prejudices.

Thanks for coming out, but this thread is meant to be about a customer service issue. PM me or start another thread if you'd like to bash me personally.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

said by TekFail:

What you quoted at best was a poor choice of words. ill-deserved would be more appropriate

Then you couldn't have been more wrong. Rogers *is* the one clutching to that ill-deserved fee. They charge TSI $65 to move your account -- That's more than a month of service on their most expensive package, you can bet they'd be in the red for the better part of half a year on your account if they didn't pass that on to you.

Rogers is clutching to that fee in hopes that it will do enough damage to *their own customers* (indie ISPs who lease lines from them) that those customers will go out of business. How's *that* for customer service?!

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to TekFail

to TekFail
You have been proven wrong by not just me in this thread already. I am not putting words in your mouths. As I said, go re read what you have posted.

But now that you admitted you were quite emotional in your posts before weekend, lets leave it at that.

You've also said you're working with TekSavvy to get your issues resolved.

I said it in another thread, patience is best way to avoid making a technical situation worse when Rogers decides to drop the ball with a TekSavvy account. Or when a TekSavvy CSR forgets to mention something or mentions something in error. In the latter, TekSavvy is more than willing their correct their own mistakes.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to BronsCon

to BronsCon
said by BronsCon:

Rogers is clutching to that fee in hopes that it will do enough damage to *their own customers* (indie ISPs who lease lines from them) that those customers will go out of business. How's *that* for customer service?!

While I have no doubts that's true, and I agree it's shitty (and anti-competitive) business practice. But they've never made it my problem on the phone.

As a Rogers (consumer) customer, if you can make a case on how they dropped the ball, they'll credit it to your account and occasionally give you some trivial discount as an apology (Experiences from rogers mobile, not rogers internet.)

I'm not the indie ISP leasing the line, they wouldn't (and shouldn't) listen to me, since I'm not that kind of customer to them.

TekSavvy IS and SHOULD, I realize since this is a big money agreement, I doubt there's a CSR that'll say sorry and credit their account, but there are avenues to fix this. And they should. But passing the problem on as justification to their customers is unacceptable.

As I stated before, I read the fee, I accepted it, and I expected to get what was agreed upon when I accepted the service, knowing the fee.

I had the choice to bail there, so I passively agreed that the $65 was not an unreasonable charge for the service. But they dropped the ball providing that service, what I received was not what I was promised.

If I buy a product and it's not as advertised, I return it to the store, not mail it back to the manufacturer. The store didn't make the product or write the claims on the box, but they took my money, so they have some responsibility, even through their only the middleman.
TekFail

TekFail to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

You have been proven wrong by not just me in this thread already. I am not putting words in your mouths. As I said, go re read what you have posted.

Quote? Or we can just drop this and let you save some face.
said by TypeS:

But now that you admitted you were quite emotional in your posts before weekend, lets leave it at that.

More reading issues, I "phrased the to get an emotional response" hoping that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". Successful, no, but there's more people aware of my concerns than if I just kept pestering them privately on the phone.

I was angry, but I did what I could to present my situation completely hoping for a resolution.

Step back and read what's there, not what you'd like to see.
said by TypeS:

You've also said you're working with TekSavvy to get your issues resolved.

I said it in another thread, patience is best way to avoid making a technical situation worse when Rogers decides to drop the ball with a TekSavvy account. Or when a TekSavvy CSR forgets to mention something or mentions something in error. In the latter, TekSavvy is more than willing their correct their own mistakes.

TekSavvy's mistakes and lack of resolutions is what brought me here in the first place.
TekSavvy is the one billing me, I'd love for them to fight for me, I resent it when they deny responsibility for what they're charging me, then point me where I have no voice.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
Hum. I'm confused. Is your service not working at your new address?

TypeS
London, ON

1 edit

TypeS to TekFail

to TekFail
Having a worked at a store that is much like Canada Computers for 3 years, I have very intimate knowledge of how returns for full refund defective products worked. Your analogy works to an extend but not fully.

Stores accept returns on defective products and offer full refunds because the supplier they purchased that product from will take it back. Said supplier can send bulk failures back to the manufacturer and be credited back. Manufacturers rarely ever deal with retailers. Even Best Buy buys its stock from suppliers such as Ingram Micro.

In this case about TekSavvy, if they are the retailer and Rogers is the manufacturer. Rogers as the manufacturer is unwilling to admit fault. Unlike what usually happens in the retail > supplier > manufacturer chain.

If manufacturers would not take responsibility, stores would never, ever take returns (they'd probably wouldn't bother selling any product that didn't have 100% assurance of being perfect). They'd lose too much money having to take returns and writing the products off as losses.

TekSavvy's fault here is that it seems (correct me if I am wrong here), the CSR you spoke to failed to mentioned that there 3 install dates and gave you the impression the Rogers tech would be there for certain on one date.

That is more like a store advertising a sale, not advertising the sale end date and you arriving a day after the sale is over and being told you must pay normal price now.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Hum. I'm confused. Is your service not working at your new address?

Yes, It is functional, after many calls, call backs, reschedules, missed delivery dates and wasted time.

If the "moving" information stated that It'd require constant attention, all dates and times are subject to change without warning and your internet will be setup sometime in the next month. We'd be cool. Unhappy, maybe, but at least I'd have gotten what I was promised.

Or so I presume that's where you're going with this.

I think I'm done with this, I'd appreciate if you read my longer post in reply to your previous message. You asked for constructive criticism and that's what I tried to give.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

TekSavvy's fault here is that it seems (correct me if I am wrong here), the CSR you spoke to failed to mentioned that there 3 install dates and gave you the impression the Rogers tech would be there for certain on one date.

Hum, yeah but no matter what was said. There is no way the service would have gotten installed sooner. I.e. whatever issues in communication there may have been.. It did not result in a delay of any kind from what I was able to understand. Is that not correct?

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

said by TSI Marc:

said by TypeS:

Hum, yeah but no matter what was said. There is no way the service would have gotten installed sooner. I.e. whatever issues in communication there may have been.. It did not result in a delay of any kind from what I was able to understand. Is that not correct?

I don't know, I'm not the OP of thread Marc. :>

Just a poster who was grown irritated at how threads like these misrepresent TekSavvy because people put emotions before logic.

As my own review states, I have lost connectivity twice, for a period of over 48 hours. I have felt the pain and frustration that comes with you folks being a TPIA provider and relying on Rogers being honest

So far the inconveniences I have suffered don't overshadow the savings I get had I stuck with Rogers 2 years ago.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

We were in the middle of juggling a move, a house sale and my business, not to mention a family.

If you had just promised the correct date it would have caused less of a planning upset and added stress to an already stressful situation.

The problem isn't that it took too long, it was lack of communicating the correct date.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
Haha of course.. That's a Q for the OP for sure.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

said by TSI Marc:

We were in the middle of juggling a move, a house sale and my business, not to mention a family.

If you had just promised the correct date it would have caused less of a planning upset and added stress to an already stressful situation.

The problem isn't that it took too long, it was lack of communicating the correct date.

Hum. I can see how it created additional confusion. Moving is very stressful there's no doubt in that. However, from our perspective, there was nothing else we could do regardless.. You're service was never getting installed sooner than the date it was installed, it was the absolutely earliest date available. I.e. we did everything right accept make absolutely clear that there were in fact three dates. Not one. Though.. Clearly you knew something about three dates because we always ask for three dates. You *wanted* another date.. We wanted to give you that date.. But it wasn't possible. Isn't that the real story here?

The net result is that we *did* deliver on what you asked for.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

said by TSI Marc:

Hum. I can see how it created additional confusion. Moving is very stressful there's no doubt in that. However, from our perspective, there was nothing else we could do regardless.. You're service was never getting installed sooner than the date it was installed, it was the absolutely earliest date available. I.e. we did everything right accept make absolutely clear that there were in fact three dates. Not one. Though.. Clearly you knew something about three dates because we always ask for three dates. You *wanted* another date.. We wanted to give you that date.. But it wasn't possible. Isn't that really the story here?

The net result is that we *did* deliver on what you asked for.

You did eventually deliver. Yes. Not the problem.
I wanted the internet the day I moved in, but that wasn't possible. I also wanted it to be installed by a team of nubile, scantily clad supermodels, but no one told me that, and no one sent me a confirmation on that. So I'm not complaining.

I'm not sure how I "Clearly knew" about three dates. This is my first move with teksavvy service. They may have asked for 3 dates when I signed up, but as I'm sure you can see, that was well over a year before the move. I wanted an eidetic memory, but sadly that didn't come with the internet service, also not promised to me, so we're cool in regards to that.

My issue here is with what was promised, and confirmed, then changed last minute. The CSR agreed this was misleading, and supposedly sent something to have this changed to avoid confusion with others in the future. I'm not sure if that was true, or happened, but that's what I was told on the phone.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

You called in a year ahead of time to schedule a move? Sorry dude, just trying to understand.. It's Sunday I don't have the full crew at my finger tips ATM.., I did not do a deep dive on your case but I did get Coles notes on your situation.

And auto correct on this iPad is killing me. Man it sucks.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

nonono, I call in well over a year ago to sign-up. Which would be the only time before the move that I (probably) had to pick three dates.

I emailed in a few weeks (i can't remember exactly) before we moved to schedule. I was asked rather ambiguously for a date (though after wards I was informed that they wanted 3 dates) when I responded back with one date I got a confirmation email back within a few minutes. No mention of other dates.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Hum. Ok now I'm curious. Ill get back to you tomorrow when I get to the bottom of that.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

I emailed in a few weeks (i can't remember exactly) before we moved to schedule. I was asked rather ambiguously for a date (though after wards I was informed that they wanted 3 dates) when I responded back with one date I got a confirmation email back within a few minutes. No mention of other dates.

I'm glad you bring this up as this was discussed between me & Andre & we assumed on this but since you are bringing it up, would you be able to clarify where this stopped making sense to you.

When we asked for the 3 dates you stated the 21st, 24th & 27th.
We replied stating that the 21st & 24th couldn't be selected.
So we replied back with soonest dates, which were the 23rd, 27th & 28th.

You agreed on the 23rd and never acknowledge or reconfirmed the 27th & 28th.

What me & Andre discussed is that since it was mentioned previously that 3 dates would be required, that even if we did not choose the 23rd after you said it would be OK, the 27th & 28th would still be OK as we had provided them to you. Thus, we never reconfirmed those dates.

So when the dispatch occurred the 27th & you were notified this should of all be OK with you as these were all dates you have asked for.

Now I agree we did some assumption with the dates, but you had initially provided the 27th as an acceptable date. Thus... we picked it. I agree communication could of been better on this whole aspect.

Regards,
Martin