spc
uniqs
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to graysonf

to graysonf

Re: [Services] U-verse

I were always thinning fiber should be much more stable. They have just installed U-verse in my area, but i have one year contract with the Bright House. I did have DSL, and it was no fun whatsoever. By the way cable is a lot better than DSL.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 recommendation

graysonf

MVM

U-verse is fiber to the neighborhood VRAD box only. From there it runs over copper pairs just like DSL, and the condition and length of that copper can effect the service.

I've had DSL since it was rolled out here in 1998. Never had any major problems with it. I am about a mile from the CO on buried copper.

I've been on cable since last May. I haven't had any trouble with it once they ran a new line for me. They took care of that within a few days of me signing up.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to 47717768

MVM

to 47717768
said by 47717768:

I were always thinning fiber should be much more stable. They have just installed U-verse in my area, but i have one year contract with the Bright House. I did have DSL, and it was no fun whatsoever. By the way cable is a lot better than DSL.

Unless they deployed FTTP in your area (unlikely), U-verse HSI will be either ADSL2+, or VDSL.

If you like cable Internet better than DSL, you should not change.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to graysonf

to graysonf
Thanks everyone for the great answers. I agree with you NormanS. I would probably stay with cable.