All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
StaticJolt
join:2013-01-27

StaticJolt

Gen4 Expect 66% less then promised

I jumped to Gen4 for the speed. I went with the max of "Up To 15mbs" program When I couldn't get more the 10mbps I contacted the help desk and was told I would NEVER get 15 and 10 was good. In responce I told them if I can't get but 10 that I would just go down to the 10mbs service and get what I pay for. The responce was the 10mbp service will only get an average of 6. So, the way I see it they expect to stick it too the customers because the help desk already has the "You are never going to get that speed" speach already in the can.

Lets just say I anm not happy
Finn532
join:2012-07-03

Finn532

Welcome to the Hughesnet experience.
Elkhorn
join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Elkhorn to StaticJolt

to StaticJolt
If Hughesnet ran a gas station the average size of a gallon of gasoline would be 2 quarts !! *grins*

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by Elkhorn:

If Hughesnet ran a gas station the average size of a gallon of gasoline would be 2 quarts !! *grins*

That reminds me.. Anyone hear of a website called farmersonly.com? I see a relation with it and hughesnet, satellite is meant for people with last resort witch would obviously be out in the country or in the middle of no where and farmersonly.com is for people out in the country or out in the middle of no where.

Maybe they should put the two together? haha
Also, farmersonly.com is a fraudulent website, it says its free but the only thing free is making a profile page, you cant talk to real people unless you start a fee.. Theres also just something not quite right thats with that website, its safe to surf but its not trustable.
nodachi
join:2013-01-27

2 edits

nodachi to StaticJolt

to StaticJolt
So did Hughe$nit invest in any new infrastructure or did they just come up with a promotional gimmick to double sell the bandwidth they already sold to us original subscribers?!?

If business ethics were gas they could not blow out the worlds smallest birthday candle..

But don't feel persecuted they screw everyone.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

said by nodachi:

So did Hughe$nit invest in any new infrastructure or did they just come up with a promotional gimmick to double sell the bandwidth they already sold to us original subscribers?!?

If business ethics were gas they could not blow out the worlds smallest birthday candle..

But don't feel persecuted they screw everyone.

Seems like a little of both.

notech
join:2013-02-03

notech to StaticJolt

to StaticJolt
66% if you're lucky!

I started an "idea" thread on the Hughes net site "Peak use speed should be minimum 95% of advertised rate"
»community.myhughesnet.co ··· sed_rate

If anyone is a member on that site then visit the page an +1 it. They closed the thread already but the votes still work and 22 people have voted making it the second most popular idea. I know its a futile effort, probably won't last long, or have any effect, but if it becomes the most popular idea then they will have difficulty removing it. Plus I'm archiving it daily.

It references a real FCC report I found - Measuring Broadband America
»www.fcc.gov/measuring-br ··· 012/july

It states: "In 2011, the average ISP delivered 87 percent of advertised download speed during peak usage periods; in 2012, that jumped to 96 percent."