join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to Trooper

Re: What AV are you running?

For my Windows based workstations, I currently use MSE combined with ThreatFire. I used the Comcast supplied Norton™ Business Suite for a while, but it crashed so often on several of the Windows boxes, that it was more trouble than it was worth (and in this case it was "free").

On my Linux and Windows servers, I run ClamAv/ClamWin because of their easy integration with the email servers I run on those boxes. I also run ThreatFire on the Windows server, but I don't see the need for any such product on the Linux server.

My most important "AV" isn't actually an "AV" product; it is using SeaMonkey as my default/primary browser, combined with NoScript. And of course, using both hardware and software firewalls for blocking true "drive-by" attacks. If it can't get through the door, you don't have to worry about cleaning up the mess after you kill it.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.