Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo

join:1999-10-18
Camarillo, CA

FIOS-TV apps on Android My FIOS

I have FIOS extreme tv, internet, phone, and wireless. Verizon offers a My FIOS android app that I can use to see my account, pay my bill, email, voicemail, etc, and TV functions, such as schedule DVR recordings, view recordings, view channel guide, etc. Since I upgraded my phone to the latest version of Android (4.2.1) the tv parts no longer accept my login credentials.

The verizon wireless people are useless. Most of them have never heard of FIOS and 'Android' is a star wars guy.

Anyone else experience this?

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

go to veriozn.com and see if you can log in there. if you cant then either your password or username is wrong.

there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to log in with the app if you can log in at verizon.com. if you still have a problem the call in for help

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo

Camarillo, CA

My login credentials are fine. This app is busted. I called FiOS and wireless and all I got was a lot of "huh?". I wrote to vz direct. Maybe they can route the issue somewhere.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to almahix

Verizon has acknowledged the issue on the Verizon forum.

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo

Camarillo, CA

said by PJL:

Verizon has acknowledged the issue on the Verizon forum.

I had not seen that. Thank you.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to almahix

This specific app is developed from the Telco side VZT, so VZW would have no clue about this.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

There is a formal open case on this app issue. The iPad app also has a similar problem.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to almahix

I still use the old "unsupported" Verizon FIOS DVR Manager app. It has always worked much better for me than the newer combo apps.

Mine is version 2.1.14, maybe the old APK is out there for downloading?

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

the problem might be if yuor using symbols in your password. try changing to only letters and numbers

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo

Camarillo, CA
reply to blue_trooper

said by blue_trooper:

I still use the old "unsupported" Verizon FIOS DVR Manager app. It has always worked much better for me than the newer combo apps.

Great hint! I downloaded and installed it. All is does is post a msg that is s being discontinued in April, then it seems to close. Ah, Verizon!

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

said by almahix:

said by blue_trooper:

Great hint! I downloaded and installed it. All is does is post a msg that is s being discontinued in April, then it seems to close. Ah, Verizon!

I know that was the last update, I remember that from the comments in the Google App store so I was careful never to update it. In the version info in the app it says 2.1.14.DROID_RAZR. Current version on the Play Store is 2.1.14.100. The working version should be from January of 2011.