Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano to Jacek

MVM

to Jacek

Re: Zyxel P-2606R-D1A - extracting VoIP data

Before you waste too much time, confirm with somebody who has access to P2606 that the password is actually stored in rom-0.

I don't have P2606 but have access to Z2+ and I've saved the rom-0 then changed the password and saved rom-0 again and did the whole thing again.
All three rom-0 files are binary identical! ...meaning the password is not stored in rom-0.

Jacek
@inetia.pl

Jacek

Anon

Well, few guys in polish forums stated that they were able to recover the VoIP data by uploading the rom-0 file to a non-modified P2602. I don't have the required tools to upgrade router's FW, so i'm looking for another way. I've also read that sniffing could work, but i don't know nothing about it. Could anybody tell me how to sniff the VoIP password?
Jacek

Jacek to Brano

Anon

to Brano
Oh and i made a mistake in the first post - it's P-2602R not 2606

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

If you can login to the router and only need VoIP password then use this extension for Firefox »addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· sswords/

Jacek
@inetia.pl

Jacek

Anon

If it was that easy, i wouldn't even post here. The problem is that i have so poor firmware that there isn't any voip data section. It lies somewhere deeply in router's config files, rom-0 probably.