spc
uniqs

Stiffy
@teksavvy.com

Stiffy to Anaron

Anon

to Anaron

Re: [Cable] Peak hours SUPER slow!

but only at night..NEVER during the day?..can wireless congestion be that specific?

Anaron
join:2005-01-28
North York, ON

Anaron

said by Stiffy :

but only at night..NEVER during the day?..can wireless congestion be that specific?

It depends on the number of people in your house that use the Internet and when they use it. My old D-Link router would work properly during the day when I'm the only person on the network. After 4 PM, more people would use it and that's when things started to slow down. Websites would take longer than usual to load and I would experience latency issues in online games.

I thought it was a congestion issue for Rogers/TekSavvy but in my case, it turned out to be wireless congestion. Once I bought a new ASUS router, everything went back to normal.

It was merely a suggestion though. People don't replace their wireless routers often so it's possible that some people have the same problem I had. The last time I bought a new router was back in 2008.

Stiffy
@teksavvy.com

Stiffy

Anon

Just the two of us and one system..system is locked so no leechers in the wind...
BrianON
join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON

BrianON to Stiffy

to Stiffy
said by Stiffy :

Besides other wireless devices there are other things that commonly cause interference around the peak hours as well. Things like cordless phones, baby monitors, and microwave ovens. Bluetooth devices and wireless game controllers opperate in the same bands as well.