All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit to Ryan818

to Ryan818

Re: [HSI] Charter handing out newer modems for 100mb/5mb tier?

My promo package expired this month, and I kept my old TV package, but switched to the $50 internet 30M tier, and they let me keep my SB 6121 modem. So it seems some modems are approved.
Ryan818
join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

Ryan818

Well I guess it varies by areas. I really didn't care that much since I got a modem that seems to be much more capable than the one I owned. Plus if they mess up their own modem with a firmware update I am not out any money. Now if they start charging for the modem then that will be an entirely different story.
form1040
join:2010-10-28
Saint Louis, MO

form1040 to msmisfit

to msmisfit
said by msmisfit:

My promo package expired this month, and I kept my old TV package, but switched to the $50 internet 30M tier, and they let me keep my SB 6121 modem. So it seems some modems are approved.

Same here, I changed over to the current pricing and I'm still using my personally-owned SB 6120 that I've been using since July 2010.

I unwound my promo contract since I didn't want to pay for TV for another 15 months. I went to the customer office to return the cablecards and cancel TV, and I was about to turn and leave the counter when I thought to ask what internet plan I'd be having.

They told me I'd be on the $47.99 15M plan (they didn't even offer to change to the faster plan for the same price). I asked to be on the current $50 for 30M pricing, they told me it was all set up, and sent me on my way. The lady didn't say a word about a new modem.

This all happened at the Charter Commons office in St Louis.

I do wonder if, at some point in the future if I cancel Charter internet (as if they'll never not be the only game in town), they will demand that I return a nonexistent rental modem.

The_ANoN
@bellsouth.net

The_ANoN

Anon

said by form1040 See Profile

I do wonder if, at some point in the future if I cancel Charter internet (as if they'll never not be the only game in town), they will demand that I return a nonexistent rental modem.
[/BQUOTE :

I canceled Charter internet after my promo pricing for the 30M plan was up.. I had been using my own modem (6120) for about a year.. They never asked me to return my own modem after I canceled..