spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AC3
join:2012-03-22
Pierrefonds, QC

AC3

[Equipment] Gigaset C610A IP / C610H sound quality

Just purchased C610A IP / C610H, not very impressed with it. Updated f/w to 075, running pots & voip.ms

Is it just me, or is the volume on these handsets on the low side compared to Panny or other common cordless phones? This is on both pots & voip. Increasing volume to max also amplifies the background noise to an annoying level. I ain't 20 years old anymore, but I'd like to think that I still have decent hearing.

The screen / digit entry lag is also pretty bad.

I've had to reset the system twice so far...for some reason, both handsets started to append 3 digits to anything I pressed on the keypad. Happened on pots & voip, despite no area code or access code being set in the menu. It cleared up after the 2nd reset.

Are these anomalies common on this model, or am I one of a select few?
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

I'm afraid, it's not just you. I've seen people complain about low sound volume here, in BBR. You may read also - Graves On SOHO Technology » Gigasets: Comparing Handset Output Volume. Make sure that you set the max volume via web portal.
DoctorStinky
join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME

DoctorStinky to AC3

to AC3
As OZO said, you can bump up the volume through the web UI. I find the volume through the handset adequate for most casual calls, but I wear a wired headset much of the day (inexpensive $20 Panasonic), and the volume through that is superior. I've left my web UI setting at medium.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 edit

mozerd to AC3

MVM

to AC3
said by AC3:

Just purchased C610A IP / C610H, not very impressed with it. Updated f/w to 075

How did you upgrade the firmware to 075?

My C610A IP Base Station is using firmware version 042 which is a far cry from 075. When I attempt Upgrade Firmware it comes back and states no updates required.
jobr
join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

jobr

I think you may be talking about the same firmware. My C610 has its firmware listed as 42.075 (420750000000 / V42.00).

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by jobr:

I think you may be talking about the same firmware. My C610 has its firmware listed as 42.075 (420750000000 / V42.00).

Apparently so ... Thanks for verifying.
AC3
join:2012-03-22
Pierrefonds, QC

AC3

Yes, I did mean f/w 42.075....sorry!

The volume setting in the gui is already set to max (high). Plus afaik, that setting does nothing to ptsn volume....which is equally low.

I'm playing with my Obi110, feeding all phones in the house. If I take a call on my ptsn desk phone, or older 5.8ghz Panasonic cordless, volume is normal and no background hiss. Both are substantially better than the Gigaset.

If I take the call on either of the C610's, volume is much lower than abovementioned handsets, plus with clearly audible background hiss. If I take the call on the C610 via voip, same situation.

I've moved the C610's base to 3 different spots in the house, to try and eliminate the background noise, but no success. I'm also noticing a faint squeal from the power adapter...

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

I think the background hiss you hear is 'comfort noise' so you know you are connected. The gigasets seem to apply it a little more liberally than one might desire.

I expect the radio communication is purely digital so it wouldn't be influenced by interference whatsoever.