uniqs
TekFail
join:2013-01-25
Nepean, ON

TekFail to scorpido

to scorpido

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

said by scorpido:

To quote you Marc "I've had years and years of battles with people on here". You shouldn't have to battle with customers.

He's not wrong, my old landlord (A big heartless property management corp) had an arrangement with a popular franchise restaurant to get gift certs at a reduced price.

I wasted a day fighting with them, the fix the problem and buy me and my wife dinner.

My [social media] update was "Heading out for dinner on Minto's dime" rather than the expected "Minto just wasted my day running around finding receipts I already gave them"

They get a cheap way to make me happy, Restaurant gets business they wouldn't have otherwise, and I wasted a day, but don't feel ripped off. win-freaking-win, or win-win-win. Hell, Charlie Sheen doesn't even win this much.

Honestly, send me a TekSavvy golf shirt. Would cost you less than what rogers charges you and bam, I got more out of the deal than $12 worth of free internet, I'll shut up forever, and I'll be a free billboard for you.
(And the satisfaction that the spaghetti analogy could become a real thing)

May not work for all customers, but I love swag, and from the con's I've been to, so do most nerds.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

And that's the point I'm trying to drive home. Thanks Tekfail. Customer feeling happy or at least compensated to a decent degree that any normal person would be happy with is just good business sense. It keeps the thread count low, and people knowing that TSI cares. You have logs, you have reports, should be pretty easy to know if someone is looking for a free ride. Benefit of the doubt the first time kinda rule. Look Marc, Tekfail is even willing to give you free advertising lol

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

said by scorpido:

To quote you Marc "I've had years and years of battles with people on here". You shouldn't have to battle with customers.

He's not wrong, my old landlord (A big heartless property management corp) had an arrangement with a popular franchise restaurant to get gift certs at a reduced price.

I wasted a day fighting with them, the fix the problem and buy me and my wife dinner.

My [social media] update was "Heading out for dinner on Minto's dime" rather than the expected "Minto just wasted my day running around finding receipts I already gave them"

They get a cheap way to make me happy, Restaurant gets business they wouldn't have otherwise, and I wasted a day, but don't feel ripped off. win-freaking-win, or win-win-win. Hell, Charlie Sheen doesn't even win this much.

Honestly, send me a TekSavvy golf shirt. Would cost you less than what rogers charges you and bam, I got more out of the deal than $12 worth of free internet, I'll shut up forever, and I'll be a free billboard for you.
(And the satisfaction that the spaghetti analogy could become a real thing)

May not work for all customers, but I love swag, and from the con's I've been to, so do most nerds.

you want some swag instead of the credit!? sure...
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to scorpido

Premium Member

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

And that's the point I'm trying to drive home. Thanks Tekfail. Customer feeling happy or at least compensated to a decent degree that any normal person would be happy with is just good business sense. It keeps the thread count low, and people knowing that TSI cares. You have logs, you have reports, should be pretty easy to know if someone is looking for a free ride. Benefit of the doubt the first time kinda rule. Look Marc, Tekfail is even willing to give you free advertising lol

he's already got a credit!! he had one before he ever even started the thread!
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Sorry Marc, I was not saying you didn't do something already for him, I was speaking again in general. As soon as I seen he posed in the teksavvy direct forum I stopped using his example as I was no longer getting updates on the progress. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I'm not here because I desperately can't afford $65 bucks, I'm here because I feel ripped off.

If you can get me a golf shirt, you can consider me a happy camper. Size Medium. You have my address

Plus I got some embellished story on how I strong-armed the CEO to get it.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

lol, strong armed the CEO..lol that's awesome. Bottom line that I have been trying to get across to TSI is it is not that hard most times to make a un happy customer who feels screwed over or ripped off because of one thing or another to come back on board and be happy again. It just feels like they fight the customer at every possible chance to avoid being out of pocket. Tekfail, did you get any resolution/compensation in any form before you started this thread? Just curious?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

said by TSI Marc:

I'm not here because I desperately can't afford $65 bucks, I'm here because I feel ripped off.

If you can get me a golf shirt, you can consider me a happy camper. Size Medium. You have my address

Plus I got some embellished story on how I strong-armed the CEO to get it.

that's great. I feel like you're ripping me off too. lets call it a stale mate on what actually happened. I'll also tell Martin not to expect a reply to his last post

I'll make sure the credit gets k-o'd and I'll be happy to send out some swag.
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

And in the end everyone is happy.....I think.. (You okay there Marc or were you just joking about feeling ripped off?)

This thread should not have went longer then 3-4 posts to come to this outcome in my opinion.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to scorpido

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Tekfail, did you get any resolution/compensation in any form before you started this thread? Just curious?

They were quite quick to give me a free week, (before my first post) which is fair since I was out of internet for at least a week. Then after complaining (in this thread) they tossed in another week.

From the sounds of it the deal is swag in lieu of the 2 weeks of internet.

I hope he's kidding about being ripped off too, seems pretty fair. I hope that my "Strong arming" comment was understood as being in jest, because anyone reading this can see that I didn't "strong-arm" anyone.

I'm going to assume that he will actually follow through and say:
Thanks to everyone who kept me entertained during a long boring waiting room.

Thanks for some insight on how a company that I fundamentally agree with deals with issues.

Thanks for listening, I'm not sure if this is actually the CEO or someone on his behalf, but this was an unexpected turn.

While this was far from perfect, I promise I will not forget this adventure, as it has been unique and entertaining.

Like I said above and in previous posts, TekSavvy on a technical level is a great provider. They seem to understand what the internet is and why I don't want "features" that got perverted 9 ways from Sunday by some marketing department (I'm looking at you "SpeedBoost"). I want standards, I want no one to pick and choose which of my connections are more important than others. Fight government attempts to regulate the internet. Protect my privacy from unlawful requests. Be transparent.

In good faith I'm going to append to my original post. Please don't bail on this, I really do want to support TekSavvy and any providers that support the same.

Stay fun.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Wow....7 pages? +1 to Marc for even replying...More than I would have done LOL (ala pound sand). 2 weeks is definitely fair given the circumstances, don't know what else the OP wants....

Anyway, the only thing annoys me anymore on these forums (other than TSI's unexplainable logging practices) is when people start talking about Rocky..."Things have changed since Rocky left" etc...Please stop claiming you know how things have changed internally with the CEO change and I find it personally offensive to Marc. Was hoping Marc would defend himself on this point but he has yet to do so probably for PR reasons lol

People have been spamming similar statements for a while now and it's just ignorant. While Marc and I have our differences, I'm glad he's so accessible and a few individuals should realize this before we all lose...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

said by scorpido:

Tekfail, did you get any resolution/compensation in any form before you started this thread? Just curious?

They were quite quick to give me a free week, (before my first post) which is fair since I was out of internet for at least a week. Then after complaining (in this thread) they tossed in another week.

I hope he's kidding about being ripped off too, seems pretty fair. I hope that my "Strong arming" comment was understood as being in jest, because anyone reading this can see that I didn't "strong-arm" anyone.

Thanks for some insight on how a company that I fundamentally agree with deals with issues.

Thanks for listening, I'm not sure if this is actually the CEO or someone on his behalf, but this was an unexpected turn.

While this was far from perfect, I promise I will not forget this adventure, as it has been unique and entertaining.

Like I said above and in previous posts, TekSavvy on a technical level is a great provider. They seem to understand what the internet is and why I don't want "features" that got perverted 9 ways from Sunday by some marketing department (I'm looking at you "SpeedBoost"). I want standards, I want no one to pick and choose which of my connections are more important than others. Fight government attempts to regulate the internet. Protect my privacy from unlawful requests. Be transparent.

In good faith I'm going to append to my original post. Please don't bail on this, I really do want to support TekSavvy and any providers that support the same.

Stay fun.

I'll make sure Andre makes the necessary changes. Some of the credits may have already been applied. He'll sort it out.

He's also making sure you get a nice TekSavvy golf shirt. They're pretty nice.

I've even told him to make sure there wasn't a stain on it. just for you
stevey_frac
join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

stevey_frac

Marc, you guys are freaking awesome. I can't wait until you can offer me the 150 mbit package. Not because I need it, solely so that I can give you more money, out of spite to Rogers.

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to TekFail

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

I'm not sure if this is actually the CEO

It Was .

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to d4m1r

Premium Member

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

*snip* Was hoping Marc would defend himself on this point but he has yet to do so *snip*

You wont see me doing that. It would be disrespectful to Rocky.

I've opted instead to dig in and make my own mark.. no time to dwell on the past.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by TekFail:

said by scorpido:

Stay fun.

I'll make sure Andre makes the necessary changes. Some of the credits may have already been applied. He'll sort it out.

He's also making sure you get a nice TekSavvy golf shirt. They're pretty nice.

I've even told him to make sure there wasn't a stain on it. just for you

It will be sent out tomorrow via Canada Post!

No stains
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to stevey_frac

Premium Member

to stevey_frac
said by stevey_frac:

Marc, you guys are freaking awesome. I can't wait until you can offer me the 150 mbit package. Not because I need it, solely so that I can give you more money, out of spite to Rogers.

We do accept random donations you know!
scorpido
Premium Member
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Thanks Marc and TSI for getting this all corrected. Also thanks Marc for taking the time to listen to customer complaints and being in the forums. There are still lots of benifits to TSI, so I hope that people can read this and know that Tekfail was offered compensation before the thread was even started and thanks Tekfail for letting us know that. My whole issue was that that didn't happen from the start, so I am glad it did, and good work for Teksavvy. Hey Tekfail, you should take some pics of you in the golf shirt for Teksavvy. I'm going to bow out of this thread as TSI has gone above and beyond from what I can see, and that was my whole point.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

We do accept random donations you know!

Do you take bitcoins?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

no :/ - I had to google that LOL

Timbits, Bacon, Gift Certificates to Bacon shop or Tim Hortons, Kudos, Recommendation to Friends, Hugs,... That is what we accept