how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grantsa4

join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

Using WOW and another provider

Does anyone use WOW and another provider for either their cable/phone/internet?

Such as Comcast or Dish/Directv?

If so, does your whole setup work well? Any problems?

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

said by grantsa4:

Does anyone use WOW and another provider for either their cable/phone/internet?

Such as Comcast or Dish/Directv?

If so, does your whole setup work well? Any problems?

I use WOW for internet/phone (15/2/Advanced phone) and Dish Network for tv. No problems with either service. Dish OnDemand is really programming that is downloaded over the internet and stored on the dvr hard drive and I've had no problems with that either.

I like the split service instead of a "triple-play" type of bundle because if one service goes down, the other is still up. Dish is more expensive than WOW, but I'm getting a lot more choices in programming (AT200 + Blockbuster@Home package w/722K dvr). So I feel I'm getting good value doing it like this.

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
reply to grantsa4

i use wow for internet and phone i use voipo, and dish for tv.. 2yrs $149 for phone

grantsa4

join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

Thanks guys - am very happy with my phone and internet, but feel the cable side is lacking. If others have stories please feel free to share.

corinthos

join:2007-10-09
reply to mogamer

I had Dish and WOW for internet until I cancelled WOW last month because of those issues they were having with customer service.
I never had an issues with any services, didn't have a home phone through anyone.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric

1 edit
reply to grantsa4

At my house we use WOW for TV and internet (Digital Basic + 3 HD boxes + 15/2 internet with a cable modem I own) and a regular ol' AT&T landline for phone. The WOW bill is $110.change (about to go up to $118.change ) and the AT&T bill is $25.change for unlimited local service.

$25/month is a small price to pay to get RELIABLE, REAL E911 service and not have to deal with the vagaries of cellular or VOIP service, especially with an elderly parent in the house. Ooma seems appealing... until I consider the $149 upfront equipment cost... would take about 6 months before we would start saving any money if we were to dump the landline. MagicJack is trash that I wouldn't even consider and I don't feel that obi110/Google Voice would be a real substitute for a landline (GV doesn't support E911 and I don't think that I can get just 911-only service on a landline in Ohio?)

EDIT: Added stuff about MagicJack, obi110/Google Voice
EDIT 2: Changed to ready "... especially with an elderly parent..."
EDIT 3: Corrected price and payback period for the Ooma based on current price for an Ooma device on Amazon