Search similar:

uniqs

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

[HT1000] Hughes ruins my game nights

Been doing my hardest trying to ignore the pain but its not enough, players are threatening me and saying about how terrible my ping is (shown on the main menu) and how glitchy I look when moving fast or when congestion is occurring. They don't lag too bad to me but they can sure see it, when I die the game does a reply showing how and why i died from the enemies view I died from on my end about 30 feet+ away from where the enemy was shooting my lag. Little earlier I tried playing my crysis 2 on my favorite server, just 10 minutes into playing and already got banned.. WTF?!?!

I just now spoke to a friend of mine to see how a new game to me would be like, shows me what all its got but then I find out very quickly you can't have anything near 1000+ ping it can't even be 500, its gotta be below 200 or better yet below 100... Satellite will NEVER be seen with that much low ping, it just aint possible and never will. Its not because you can't stand it, its because your playing with lag, its totally inadequate, unplayable and it makes your whole team loose just because your weak (noob) and with serious ping issues so this makes it twice the trouble instead of only having problems with being new to the game. I don't exactly know how i bought the game but i did.. i guess. It shows its $29.99 and there is no offline mode just online but like i said I dont know how i got a hold of the game so i guess i earned it somehow by buying the games that the same game company made, that i thank but still.. Its like OH you bought all our awesome games at full price? Here have a big package full of games without any offline mode and requires you to have low ping.

I use to do Far cry 2 gaming, lots of fun with friends everyday, always have players complaining about my lag and then I have to explain everything every single time.. It got heavily boring but I stood up to the lag and just toke it. I always played on a friend of mines server cause I was always shy and embarrassed to join any other server. One day I tried to join another server and got a bunch of threats, I didnt say anything except explain why i lag in a polite way the best I could but a few friends of the servers host recorded me into a video and followed me all over the map making dozzens of loops, threats some how gotten worse. Other than all this, i had fun on my friends server(:

Diablo 3 is fun but I don't like the concept of having connection issues every night and getting killed mysteriously random.. The game is like ok here's how we want you to play, I'v also heard from others that its required to use the AU (auction house) and i totally dislike the AU for many various reasons.

Good gaming anyway.
nodachi
join:2013-01-27

nodachi

Go to www(dot)speedtest(dot)net and do the test. When it finishes ponder the fact that you should never score lees then 128 according to you contact.
Finn532
join:2012-07-03

Finn532 to diablo18926

to diablo18926
So, you're just now finding out that gaming on Hughesnet doesn't work well?
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926
It seems a lot of game servers have been cracking down lately. I have seen a lot of them ban or kick you if you are not below 250ms now that never cared before.

It is too bad O3B has decided to stick almost exclusively to providing backhaul and internet service to oil rigs in North America. They had the potential to really make a difference in the satellite market. They claim to be able to offer a 132ms latency (perfect conditions) on their satellite service. That would be on par with some rural DSL lines.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

1 edit

diablo18926

said by silbaco:

It seems a lot of game servers have been cracking down lately. I have seen a lot of them ban or kick you if you are not below 250ms now that never cared before.

In that case, I quit playing MP games then.. Diablo 3 on the blizzard servers has a awful latency and will kick you if you have too much, its ridiculous I mean I paid full first price for the game witch was $60 and now i'm only doing the same thing still, I never learn my less cause i'm a chump.

The reason why i was banned was all because of that stupid voting system, everytime I join that server I get voted and then eventually i get kicked and can't rejoin): and makes me feel guilty for the rest of the night.. I'm begining to think playing on a friends server is sooo much better then on a dedicated server because of how they have it set up, in dedicated the match starts before you know it, teams are always scrambling and so on, oh almost forgot one, you get kicked for having anyting higher than about 400 latency in some games (dedicated servers) yep they suck.

I think I just might make a book on this so I will remember of just how bad things would get, one day I will look back at it and say why in the world even bother, satellite is just as bad as having something worse than dial up with old phone lines/poles and cracking dial tone and with maximum speed capacity being around 14kb/s.

septcasey
join:2006-09-07
United State

septcasey

Take it from someone who played World of Warcraft for 2 years on satellite internet when I say you will never be able to be a competitive player with satellite internet. It simply just is not designed for gaming. You may be able to do PvE well enough to get into a casual progressing guild but you'll never last a week in a high level end game guild or environment.

My best advice to you is save up your money and move to a place where DSL or cable is. Or if there are some good wifi spots nearby you could buy a laptop and go use one of those but keep in mind those speeds can fluctuate because you never know when someone will come along and start downloading like crazy. The thing is if you want to be a gamer, enjoy it and be accepted in the gaming world, you need a wired internet service or tower wifi service. I don't know how old you are but if you're out on your own, I suggest start looking for a place in your budget that has better internet options. If you don't, you'll just find yourself coming back here or other forums complaining every time you get rejected or have lag issues in your game and it isn't Hughes fault. They even say their service isn't designed for competitive online gaming.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

I'm beginning to think life would be better without it, take a good look at companys or something business related.. You see about 95% of them plugged into facebook don't you? Well its because its the future and like it or not we gotta live with it and IMO facebook is only a place to chat (nothing more) there's game's that comes out these days that require a key and somewhere on facebook is the only place to find that. I'm thinking of letting go of my facebook account forever real soon cause its getting plan down right ridiculous.

Steam is a bit of another thing except I'm never letting go of my account on it, i have somewhere near $400 tied up in it and i ain't going to throw that all I away, the game activating system and other activations are stupid and as for steam's technical support, there as weak as HughesNet's tech support, only worse in a way. I know of someone who was ready to invest a bunch of money into there account just like mine but he only managed to put about $50 and then one day, he lost that account and never got it back again.. It's just like harassing an old lady that never did a thing, that includes hurting a fly.

I'm an old type gamer, like the western games and such, move slow-like.. The games that company's have released out today that are MP (multiplayer) are insane. You start a match, players join all in and the game gets to getting kinda quick about "hurrying up" then before you know it, the next round has done begun it was like a quick flash of light never even getting a chance to camp out for just 2 seconds and at the beginning of the game in the lobby, the players say "gogogogog" there constantly wanting to "kill kill kill kill" then next match then kill kill blah blah again all over.. Never get the time to enjoy killing. Think of it this way, you gotta kill your enemies 50 times within 15 minutes.. Thats how MP gaming works these days. Players are also wanting that COD (call of duty) or that BF (battlefield) touch but those horribly suck.

I'm only 20 years old, yeah it may seem lame and kinda strange but the way things work are'nt as cool as me playing an old type MP game (from my vision) and FC2 MP was the best damn game I have ever played.. Dedicated atleast 2 years to it, playing night and day but like i mentioned i will only play on my friend's server cause it don't have that "GOGGOGOGGOGG"