Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skit112

join:2001-08-06
Hoboken, NJ
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: New system advice please

Thanks Krisnatharok and everyone else. I like that list. I was actually looking at that vid card as you posted. I have a Lite-On DVD/CD Writer. I just thought it might be nice to have the Blu-Ray too.

One question. How is the on-board sound on these new mobos? Right now I use a Creative SB Platinum card. Will the on-board sound be as good?

As far as an OS I run XP Pro now but I know I should upgrade and probably go with Win 7 Home Premium.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
I have no idea how they compare to the on-board stuff, but I only use on-board because its more than what I need right now.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Skit112
What sound system are you going to be using? Headphones or speakers?

Skit112

join:2001-08-06
Hoboken, NJ
I have an older Cambridge Sound works system. Sub with 4 speakers. It sounds amazing. It is a Henry Kloss designed system.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Skit112
said by Skit112:

Thanks Krisnatharok and everyone else. I like that list. I was actually looking at that vid card as you posted. I have a Lite-On DVD/CD Writer. I just thought it might be nice to have the Blu-Ray too.

One question. How is the on-board sound on these new mobos? Right now I use a Creative SB Platinum card. Will the on-board sound be as good?

As far as an OS I run XP Pro now but I know I should upgrade and probably go with Win 7 Home Premium.

The sound on my Z77 Gigabyte board is superb. It's got Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 audio. Installing a sound card would be a complete waste of money.

I guess if you're doing digital audio editing or something along the lines of that, a sound card might benefit you, but otherwise, I see no need.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Skit112
said by Skit112:

I have an older Cambridge Sound works system. Sub with 4 speakers. It sounds amazing. It is a Henry Kloss designed system.

You might want a soundcard if you are an audiophile. If you were using headphones, I'd say use onboard.

I don't know enough about audio to recommend a sound card.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.