spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Graywulf
join:2013-01-27
St Catharines, ON

Graywulf

Speed Loss?

I seem to have run into a bit of a problem... I had to reset my modem due to a loss of internet earlier and upon getting back up and running, my speed seems to have been cut in half.

I'm on the advanced package, 300gb, and was getting 30/2 (This was being grandfathered wasn't it? Even though it should have been 20/1?) and now I'm getting between 13-16 down and less than 1 up.

I've connected the modem right to the computer, taking the router out and did a restart again... still the same thing.

Anyone else have this happen in and around the Niagara area?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

If you were on the old Advanced package it would have been 20/1.5. Do a factory reset to rescan the channels and let me know if you're still having issues while directly connected. Thanks.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to Graywulf

to Graywulf
hi Graywulf:

Yes i've had this problem (i'm in Niagara Falls). Last week i had the problem where my internet cut out (i'm on 30/2), and when it finally came back up, the profile was set to 16/1. Few hours later, reset the modem, and profile changed back to 30/2.

Had a tech come out yesterday morning to see what the problem was, but with his equipment, everything looked okay. Then yesterday, between the afternoon and this morning around 10:30 a.m., the modem lost sync (so internet was out about 18 hours) -- but there is another ticket out for a tech to replace the outside line. Wonder where the issue is exactly. My neighbour behind me who has Cogeco -- her connection was fine.

Not sure if it's a Niagara region issue. You're the only other one i know who has close enough to a similar problem.
Graywulf
join:2013-01-27
St Catharines, ON

Graywulf to rocca

to rocca
That seemed to work this time around, didn't the first go... Thanks for the quick reply =)

Shikomu
join:2007-11-16
Ontario

1 recommendation

Shikomu to silvercat

to silvercat
Hmmm. I'm having the same issue in the Burlington area. Seems I'm on a 16/1 Profile since last night. Tried reseting a few time still same. I've posted this today maybe Rocca can check into it.

Start Laurie
Premium Member
join:2011-09-09
London, ON

Start Laurie

Premium Member

We've been able to confirm there was an issue with Cogeco on their backend, can you please try rebooting your modem as the issue should be resolved now. Thanks!